Member Service Representative
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service RepresentativeUS-IA-Iowa
CityJob ID: 2Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
RetailOverviewGreenState is now taking applications for the Member
Service Representative role. Ideal candidates will be friendly,
patient, and conscientious team players who will constantly strive
to do accurate work. GreenState will value your loyalty, attention
to detail, cooperative attitude, and ability to do their job well,
time and time again. Service starts with this key role and as an
MSR, you are our service champion. If you've got a passion for
service and are willing to learn, we will train you! No degree
required. As an MSR you will work in tandem with other branch staff
to deliver outstanding service to our members and proactively
promote our superior credit union products on a daily basis. Come
be a part of our team and be rewarded for your high quality work!
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying
applicants. Position details:Monday through Friday from 8:45 am -
5:45 pm, plus 3 out of 4 Saturdays from 9:00 am - Noon.Pay range
for this hourly position is $12.45 - $18.68 with a monthly
incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.
ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and responsibilities in
the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those
listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Promotes and implements the values of the branch. The qualified
candidate will be member focused, show excellence and accuracy in
all of their work, demonstrate integrity, share one vision through
team work, continually look for improvement, openly mentor others
and respect others.The MUST philosophy:--- Make eye contact;--- Use
their name or acknowledge their presence;--- Smile!--- Thank them
for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Makes weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate
departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems,
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals,
transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash
advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale
of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all
of our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members in an effort
to achieve team goals.
- Provides assistance in training new employees.
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability.
Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy.
Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary,
provide member with the proper documentation.
- Operates drive-up equipment such as tubes, drawer, and
- Operates imaging equipment and balance outgoing image files on
a daily basis.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including: negotiable instrument logs,
vault cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, payroll deduction,
and member check orders.
- Participates in all day-end closing procedures. Secure and
balance cash drawer/key and all negotiable instruments, clean the
MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:a. Attend to phones
in MSR area and answer basic membership calls;b. Perform clerical
work such as filing;c. Maintain professional correspondence with
members;d. Maintain and update member information on the computer
system, such as address, phone number, and employment
- MSRs may also be responsible for the following duties, as
- Acts as a leader; assist other MSRs as a mentor and role
- Assists MSRs with daily work including balancing and
reconciliation of offages.
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements,
balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that sufficient, but not
excessive, funds are on hand at all times.
- Ensures the completion of day-end procedures including securing
the vault, daily cash letter, and distribution of work to
appropriate Credit Union personnel and departments.
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is
accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine. Prepares
and tags coin bag deposits and post to the appropriate
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a
positive way during member contact.
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals to engage
in conversation, build rapport, establish and maintain member
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash, recording daily transactions,
and attention to detail.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to produce
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience
- Must be bondable.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all
times.Reporting RelationshipReports to the Vice President/Branch
Sales and Service Managers as assigned.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis position is not responsible for supervision of
other employees.Equal Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState
Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We
strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Iowa City , Member Service Representative, Sales , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!