Member Service Consultant
Company: Greenstate Credit Union
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: July 15, 2019
University of Iowa Community Credit UnionMember Service
ConsultantUS-IA-Iowa CityJob ID: 2Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: RetailUniversity of Iowa Community Credit
UnionOverviewThe University of Iowa Community Credit Union, a
progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for Member
Service Consultant. This person will be a competitive, independent,
"doer" who can problem solve and get things done through people. In
this role, you will promote and provide credit union products and
services to new and existing members with referrals to appropriate
departments when necessary. This position is responsible for
opening and closing all types of share accounts and consumer loans,
as well as for the necessary collection of overdrawn accounts and
delinquent loans. The successful candidate will be an assertive
problem solver who loves a fast paced environment, and who can
motivate people to do their best. UICCU is proud to offer a
Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants. Pay range for this
hourly position is $16.07 - $24.11 with a monthly incentive
opportunity and a progressive benefits
package.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with
truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication,
giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the
UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, using their name, and thanking them for their
- The MUST philosophy:
- Make eye contact;
- Use their name or acknowledge their presence;
- Thank them for their business.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Make weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in
an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member
- Performs any and all aspects of the MSR position as detailed in
the MSR Job Description. This includes the ability to accurately
balance a cash drawer on a daily basis and a firm understanding of
all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, check
handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate UICCU product
and service, or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, etc.) to be served.
- Provides consistent follow through.
- Services and promotes all credit union deposit products and
- Utilizes appropriate resources to resolve routine and complex
member problems accurately, professionally, and in a timely
- Participates in promotions, contests, blitzes, staff meetings,
calling efforts, and other departmental activities which support
- Processes credit applications within the scope of CU lending
guidelines and policies
- Sells debt protection and other loan protection products
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposit and consumer loan regulations.
- Performs successful outbound sales calling to existing and
potential members and reviews loans and member files to develop and
place additional services. Answers incoming phone calls and assists
members with their requests
- Keeps abreast of all credit union deposit product and procedure
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.Qualifications
- One year of similar or related experience, with an equivalent
financial background and proven ability to handle a wide variety of
functions quickly and accurately with minimum supervision.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner
during member contact.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily
transactions Exceptional member service skills including above
average listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting
criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required
documentation for each type of consumer loan and savings
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Act.Reporting RelationshipReports to the VP/Branch Sales and
Service Managers as assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis
position is not responsible for the supervision of other
employees.Equal Opportunity Employment StatementThe UICCU is an
EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: Greenstate Credit Union, Iowa City , Member Service Consultant, Professions , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!