Distribution Center Manager
Company: HNI Corporation
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 23, 2023
This is an on-site role in Muscatine, IA.HNI Corporation is a
global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to
enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride
ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive
impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and
belonging. What We Need: We are looking for a Distribution Center
Manager to join our HNI Workplace Furnishings - Operations team in
Muscatine, IA! What You Will Do:
- Document and communicate "Current State" and "Future State"
Value Stream Maps with bridge plan.
- Align, document and communicate DC goals and objectives
attainment through the Policy Deployment process and visual
- Determine and acquire tools, equipment and machinery necessary
for achieving DC goals and objectives.
- Determine annual staffing and training plan and proactively
- Design and implement robust Safety and Quality programs which
support DC goals and objectives. What You Have:
- Must possess and further develop flow improvement skills which
will contribute to reduced total cost.
- Demonstrated ability to separate tactical activities from
- Must strive for excellence in department activities with an
emphasis on timely and accurate accomplishments. What You're Good
- Working with cross-functional teams at multiple levels inside
and outside our organization to implement improvements.
- Use DOEM tools to monitor key attributes of DC performance to
insure consistence flawless execution to customers.
- Establishing a standard schedule for updating department
members on historical performance and planned improvements.
- Implementing formal daily shop floor reviews using specific
metrics for guidance and direction (MDI).
- Creating an environment within Distribution which is perceived
as positive and enjoyable for our members to work in. If you're
interested in joining our team, apply today and a recruiter will be
in contact with you soon! HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a
manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products,
operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is
a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential
building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and
marketer of hearth products. As one of the larger employers in
Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for
the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020,
2021, and in 2022 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by
Newsweek. How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out
our CSR Report here: Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are
not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We
value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve
problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI
goals here: We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary
benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to
offer visit . We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Iowa City , Distribution Center Manager, Professions , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...