Company: Exide Technologies
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2020
Overview Exide Technologies is currently looking for qualified
candidates to fill maintenance positions at our manufacturing
facility in Manchester, Iowa. Successful candidates must have
mechanical and or electrical skills. Be able to build, calibrate,
maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment to meet or exceed
production goals set forth each day. Will work with other
maintenance technicians and operators in a team based manufacturing
environment. Applicants MUST be available to work second and third
(or night) shifts. Exide Technologies offers a strong benefit
package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Exide pays the majority of your benefit contribution costs
- Most benefits are effective on your date of hire
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine
efficiency and to detect problems.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and
equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas
or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, including but not limited
to Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) procedures
- Hold blood lead levels low by adhering to good safety
- Provide ideas/solutions to equipment improvement and
participate on miscellaneous improvement teams.
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications
- Continuous standing, lifting, bending, and twisting
- Occasionally required to work in extreme environmental
conditions (hot, cold, humid)
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as gloves,
respirator, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, hearing
protection, etc., as outlined in established department PPE
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting. Equipment Used:
- Small hand tools, control panels, data collection equipment.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Must achieve passing score on pre-employment assessment
- Previous manufacturing, industrial or military experience.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding hydraulic, pneumatic,
mechanical and electrical operations.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills and be familiar with:
- soft start equipment
- motor starters
- motors up to 450 HP
- lighting controls
- 480 volt 3 phase expertise.
- General machine and equipment repair experience EEO Statement
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an
applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About Exide Exide
Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored
electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial
markets. Exide---s 130 years of technology innovation combined with
operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver
compelling solutions for the world---s current and future power
needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products,
serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive
Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and
specialty applications for a broad range of industries including:
agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck,
marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad,
security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power
supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward -
history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the
right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery
supplier. Job Locations IA-Manchester - IA-Iowa City Requisition ID
2020-2586 Category Manufacturing - Maintenance Position Type
Regular Full-Time Address 913 South 10th Street Postal Code
Keywords: Exide Technologies, Iowa City , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!