Customer Care Representative
Company: ImOn Communications
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for high-speed Internet,
cable TV, and phone service. We value the relationships we have
with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look
forward to serving the area for many years to come. As we expand
our service availability we are looking for a Customer Care
Representative to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees
share a passion for ---Creating Connections One Person at a Time---
and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.Customer Care
Representatives provide complete technical support through our
customer care contact center, for both current and potential cable
television, high-speed data (HSD), and phone customers. This
position requires teamwork and the ability to achieve customer
satisfaction along with meeting department and company
goals.Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of
- Assist customers with general service inquiries, account
changes, billing information, and technical issues and offering our
outstanding products to new and existing customers.--
- Demonstrate active listening and effective communication to
ensure a mutual understanding of customer's concerns.
- Represent ImOn Communications in a positive, professional, and
ethical manner; working to exceed customer's expectations while
minimizing the need for further escalation.
- Take ownership and accountability that serves to facilitate
successful outcomes per customer requests.
- Promote ImOn products and services based on a logical
relationship to the customer's needs and in accordance with
- Analyze and solve problems regarding billing, service, or sales
- Demonstrate punctuality and consistent attendance.
- MUST be able to work a flexible schedule. The shift will fall
between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm, Monday through Friday. Some
Saturdays may be required.RequirementsRequired Knowledge and
- Personal Accountability: Able to take responsibility for
actions and outcomes that are in alignment with the direction of
the organization; understand the impact of one person on a group or
organization; seek opportunities to redirect self and others to
achieve desired results; maintain a friendly, positive and focused
- Team Approach: Able to maintain corporative unity with members
of the direct team as well as other departments; is mindful of how
action impact others and contributes positive energy and attitude
to the group; actively participate in team activities and dialogue;
accept and support team decisions.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate passion and excitement for
serving others by placing customer issues at the highest priority,
taking responsibility for solving customer problems and creating an
environment with customers that foster a positive long-term
relationship and customer loyalty; challenge co-workers to
empathize with customers.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify the root cause of customer
problems by actively listening; offer creative and valuable
responses to customer request, problems and complaints; use
negotiation skills to provide a positive solution for customers and
the company; incorporate existing ideas and new ideas in a unique
approach to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Decision Making & Business Implications: Able to critically
analyze problem areas and consider the impact of decisions on
customer and company; obtain and understand facts, weigh risks and
objectively prioritize alternatives that result in decisive action;
understand business objectives and make decisions that present a
positive outcome for all parties involved.
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish rapport and build trust
with others; interact positively with various personalities using
appropriate language and gestures; demonstrate empathy and
sensitivity by considering the concerns and circumstances of others
before making judgments or taking action; able to view a situation
from multiple perspectives.Required Experience, Training, and
- High School degree or equivalent plus at least 2 years of
customer service experience in a high-contact, service-related
- Proficient PC skills including electronic mail, record keeping,
routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with
demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information and
directions in an organized and concise manner.--
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to work independently as well as part of a team.--
- Demonstrated listening skills with the ability to obtain key
information to assess customer needs and resolve service
- Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Flexibility to work variable schedules and overtime as
required.--Benefits--ImOn offers competitive pay, health and dental
insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and
additional perks such as free vision insurance, free life
insurance, and free short term/long term disability, as well as
vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
Keywords: ImOn Communications, Iowa City , Customer Care Representative, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!