Lead Information Architect
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Lead Information Architect - Research
US-IA-Iowa City - US-Remote - US-CO-Lakewood
3 hours ago(7/25/2018 9:59 PM)
# of Openings
Information Technology (Architecture)
Up to 25% Travel
The Lead Information Architect - Research is responsible for the exploration of research business and analytics processes and leading the data architecture of research IT solutions to provide ACT internal and external customers concrete value. This role will participate in the Agile process through domain driven design, user story mapping, and lean process analysis to help develop epics, features, and stories that can be effectively implemented and rolled out for production use. There will also be more ad-hoc and "one-off" projects that require rapid development and a flexible approach while maintaining appropriate degrees of quality and rigor. The most significant responsibility for this role will be developing and deriving domain data models (conceptual, logical, and physical) with associated standards, meta-data, and purpose driven optimizations.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Actively participate in design/architectural discussions, grooming user stories, sprint demos, and daily Scrums, to help establish Domain and Behavior-Driven Development (DDD/BDD) approaches and Information Architecture
- Solve interesting problems by refactoring existing processes / solutions and designing, building, and tuning new ones
- Operate in a fast-paced, distributed, and agile team that ships production code two weeks
- Support researchers, analysts, and other team members by driving clarity and actionable objectives through ubiquitous language, process definition, information architecture and measurable outcomes
- Take responsibility for department success through mentoring, coaching, and advising other team members
- Bachelor's degree in a related area required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Information Systems
- Master's degree preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience required which includes:
- business analysis focused on technology solutions for analytics and research
- developing information architecture and data models based on user story maps, user requirements, use-cases, lean processes, and business cases
- Experience working across diverse matrixed team structure where influence without authority is crucial
- Experience with information and data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical) and associated industry standards
- Experience with "Big Data" and "Cloud Computing" solutions preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a Scrum team, following SAFe Agile practices
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design, Behavior Driven Design, and / or Test-Driven Development
- Use of various information and data modeling tools with version control processes and systems
- Experience with User Story Mapping, Use-Cases, Process Mapping, and requirements documentation
- Lean and / or Six Sigma training and experience (certification a plus)
- Educational field domain knowledge and experience a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Results-oriented and able to work across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to support, mentor, coach, and advise other team members
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to technical issues
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a testing site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: ACT, Iowa City , Lead Information Architect, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!