EHS Partner - Iowa City, IA
Company: United Natural Foods, Inc.
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Environmental Health & Safety Partner supports the UNFI
teams to deliver on a critical UNFI value: "Do the Right Thing -
Put Safety and Integrity at the Forefront of Everything We Do." The
EHS Partner at the site is responsible for ensuring the execution
of the company's EHS strategy and goals in a fast paced and complex
environment. This role will serve as a main advisor on EHS matters
for the Distribution Center's (DC) stakeholders including but not
limited to operations, human resources, claims and security/loss
prevention leaders. This role will assist with the development,
implementation and maintenance of the EHS management system at the
site. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: As a key member of the site leadership
team, you will:
- Execute injury prevention programs/initiatives to motivate and
influence the creation of a world class safety culture and minimize
- Identify, assess, and control site-level hazards, including
supporting Supervisors in completing detailed incident
investigations with root cause analyses.
- Analyze and identify trends that increase injury and accident
frequency/severity; develop and direct the implementation of
training programs using the appropriate media.
- Partner and collaborate with all functional leaders to
influence and help manage EHS resources, projects, and business
- Provide input on the design of standardized safety systems,
policies, training, campaigns and programs to reduce risk, and
ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Support environmental compliance and claims programs.
- Create a network of internal (operations, human resources,
finance, legal, claims and security/loss prevention) and external
alliances (industry partners, safety groups) to develop and
implement EHS policies, programs, procedures, standards, training,
- Perform other job duties as required. JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Associates degree with major course work in EHS, risk
management or a closely related field is required.
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in EHS, risk
management or a closely related field is preferred.
- ASP (Associate Safety Professional) certification is
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation; Certified
Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or other professionally recognized
certifications in EHS (ISO 14001/ISO 45001) are highly desirable.
- 3+ years of progressive EHS program management experience.
- Ability to coordinate planning and collaboration with other
business functions in a way that is mutually beneficial and drives
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement
programs designed to effectively change behavior and prevent injury
using data- and research-driven methods.
- Ability to analyze and independently resolve a variety of
difficult situations and problems using timely decision making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to
interact and influence effectively with all levels of management,
employees, and customers and experience collaborating with
- Familiarity of OSHA, Root Cause Investigation, Incident
Investigation procedures, Hazard Assessment, Job Safety
- Broad working knowledge of federal, state & local EHS laws and
- Training and coaching skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel
- Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
- Some travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
environment or a distribution center environment, including
cooler/freezer for short periods of time
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other
office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is
an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive
and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Additional Information
- Company Name: United Natural Foods Inc.
- Schedule: Full-time Compensation
- Pay Range: $70,800 - 132,400 Annually ($34.04 - 63.65 Hourly)
Compensation: UNFI anticipates paying the above-referenced pay rate
(or within the above-referenced pay range) for this position.
Actual Pay, where applicable, will depend on a number of factors,
including, but not limited to, education, experience, training, and
any requirements under applicable collective bargaining agreements.
UNFI is committed to transparency in pay in compliance with
applicable state and local laws. For Washington positions (or
positions that may be performed remotely from Washington), -Click
HERE -for Washington-specific paid time off details. Candidates
hired into this position will also be eligible to participate in
the following benefits programs: Paid Time Off; Sick Time; paid
holidays and parental leave; 401K Program; medical, dental, vision,
life, and accidental death/dismemberment insurance; short-term and
long-term disability insurance program, Flexible Spending Account
and/or Health Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility
requirements and the terms and conditions of these programs, and
subject to any requirements under applicable collective bargaining
agreements. Sales Positions Only: For sales positions that are
commission-based, the above range is an estimate of total potential
commission-based compensation during an associate's first year, but
UNFI offers an introductory period minimum of $1,000 per week.
After the introductory period, as a 100% commission-based role,
there is no set salary. UNFI's commission plans are uncapped and
average earnings vary depending on territory and sales achieved,
among other factors. UNFI's compensation, benefits, and paid time
off policies are subject to change in the Company's sole
discretion, consistent with applicable law. This job posting should
not be construed as an offer of employment with certain terms, nor
should it be construed as a guaranteed minimum. My ProfileCreate
and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: United Natural Foods, Inc., Iowa City , EHS Partner - Iowa City, IA, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...