Member Service Associate
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: September 15, 2022
GreenState Credit Union
Member Service Associate
Job ID: 2022-3262
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for acquiring,
expanding, and enriching member relationships, while providing
exceptional service. The qualified candidate will be member
focused, show excellence in accuracy and all their work,
demonstrate integrity, share one vision through teamwork. Meets and
exceeds sales expectations by providing personalized, professional
service to all members in an exceptional manner, seeking out
opportunities for additional business. GREENSTATE CULTURE: At
GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve. We
do this by putting immense value into our employees, members and
communities. We empower our employees to create endless
opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and
enhance the vitality of our communities. GreenState is proud to
offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Minimum starting wage for this position is $21.46/hr with a monthly
incentive opportunity and progressive benefit package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Performs essential duties
and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but
are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or
acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Sales - Ask questions, listen to your members' needs and offer
solutions that best fits the needs of your member.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Profile each member to uncover opportunities for additional
- Responsible for structuring loan applications, working with
underwriters and adhering to all lending policies and
- Makes weekly outbound sales calls to members.
- Performs all aspects of MSR position. This includes the ability
to accurately balance a cash drawer daily and a firm understanding
of all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling,
check handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance
etc.) to be served.
- Participates in promotions, contests, and other departmental
activities which support team goals.
- Responsible for sales of loan protection products.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposits.
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
- Must have at least one year of similar or related experience or
12 months in an MSR role with knowledge of all credit union
accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety
of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Proven relationship building skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to maintain composure, and problem solve as they
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Reports to the Vice President / Branch Manager as assigned.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Iowa City , Member Service Associate, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!