Student Cardiac Sonographer
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 12, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Actively participates in training program to
become proficient with all cardiac ultrasound equipment and
procedures performed at the MercyOne Iowa Heart Center.
- Performs echocardiograms according to
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the
ordered test and prepares the patient for the
- Appropriately documents in EHR and billing
- Positions patients as necessary to complete
- Monitors patients status during
- Responsible for maintaining strict
confidentiality of patient information
- Maintains equipment in designated testing
- Demonstrates customer service/interpersonal
- Takes personal responsibility for work, actions,
- Respects patients, peers, clients, students,
physicians, service representatives, and other hospital
- Demonstrates positive and effective
- Cooperates with peers and leaders to build and
maintain an effective healthcare team.
- Participates in QA activities as
- Adheres to all Joint Commission and IAC
- Completes department competencies in the
- Attends required meetings and participates on
committees as requested.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to
perform required duties of the position.
- Current participation in IHC student sonography
- Must meet the educational requirements of the
ARDMS/CCI for ultrasound training within 12 months of
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse
training specific to population served within three (3) months of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare
Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period
(approximately six (6) weeks).
- Valid Iowa Driver’s/Chauffeurs
License required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards,
must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Iowa City , Student Cardiac Sonographer, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!