RN - Iowa Heart (Iowa City)
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 7, 2021
a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated
to helping individuals live their best life.
care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are
never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of
individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and
Central Iowa Region includes medical centers in Des Moines, West
Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals –
MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne
Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive – along with more than 20
additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care,
pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the
Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest
continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
direction, provides professional nursing care for adult clinic
patients following Iowa Heart Center’s (IHC) established standards
- Performs general and cardiac nursing care to
patients. Administers prescribed procedures, medications, and
treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Conducts and assesses medical and interval
history interviews with patients.
- Provides patient and family education and
documents in medical record.
- Performs phone triage, assesses and communicates
needs to physician as needed.
- Acts as problem solver as it relates to patient,
family, physician issues according to protocol.
- Reads and researches patient records, charts and
Practice Manager system for other pertinent information. May
dictate history and physical, consults and other professional
- Reviews and reports pertinent test(s) and
outside examination results, scrutinizes for needed
follow-up; communicates to Physician.
- Participates in professional development
activities and maintains professional certifications.
- Maintains practice standards in regard to
Quality Improvement and OSHA
- Performs various procedures and tests according
to department guidelines.
- Schedules admissions and outpatient procedures,
and obtains consents.
- Responsible for meeting all IHC RN
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare
Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period
(approximately six (6) weeks).
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
within 6 months of hire
- Three years of RN nursing experience required.
Two years of critical care experience or clinical cardiac
equivalent experience required.
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class completion
within 6 months
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class completion within 1
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Iowa City , RN - Iowa Heart (Iowa City), Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!