Customer Service Rep
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Develop and maintain existing relationships with customers who are
considering cancellation or downgrade of current Mediacom services
by identifying needs and offering solutions.
• Turn reasonable requests for disconnection or downgrade into save
opportunities or potential sales.
• Apply Retention Department's mission statement to sell Mediacom's
service when possible.
• Actively listen to customer needs and offer the appropriate
Retention promotion to prevent customer from disconnecting or
• Use the Mediacom resources to sell against the competition and
explain our competitive edge.
• Build customer loyalty by providing legendary customer
• Complete disconnect, transfer and seasonal downgrade orders and
update customer accounts in customer record database.
• Educate customers in the use of installed products, service
offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and
• Troubleshoot and resolve service, pricing and technical problems
for customers by asking questions.
• Meets retention goals set by Company/department.
• May assist in the training of new Representatives through
on-the-job training program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2+ years customer service experience required, sales experience
• Customer-oriented mentality.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Effective listening skills with high level of empathy.
• Effective verbal communication skills, including grammar and
• Strong ability to ask relevant questions to identify customer
• Ability to remain calm and confident while managing confrontation
• Self-motivator - upbeat and with a high energy level.
• Strong work ethic; team-oriented attitude.
Keywords: Mediacom, Iowa City , Customer Service Rep, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!