Freight & Distribution Engineer
Company: HNI Corporation
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 4, 2021
HON and Allsteel, industry leaders in workplace
furnishings, are in search of a Freight & Distribution
Engineer to our Leveraged Furniture
Operations (LFO) team in Muscatine, IA!
Some of the essential aspects of
the Freight &
Distribution Engineer position
- Lead or facilitate project teams for implementation of plant
projects working closely with plant management, engineers, and
- Investigate and provide solutions to productivity, quality, and
- Analyze data to determine feasibility of product proposals
- Provide new and unique approaches to complex projects and
• Understand day-to-day business within the
• Participate on RCI(Rapid Continuous Improvement), 90-day
teams, etc. to encourage the use of Lean tools and Continuous
• Collect and analyze relevant data and automate when
• Quickly formulate strategies, plans, and corrective actions
for improvement activities
• Collaborate with and leverage resources from leadership,
PE, supply chain, suppliers, quality, production leaders/
engineers/ members to make improvements
• Focus on developing process changes for improved and
• Listen, comprehend, and guide members to their own
solutions. Teach them to fish.
• Present regular RCI updates to operations leadership and
• Good communication skills with all levels of the
organization are needed to be successful in driving
• Ability to understand lean concepts, tools, and RCI
What it takes:
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in engineering or industrial
technology. Business degrees will be considered.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principals including RCI, 3P,
Value Stream Mapping, and statistical analysis.
- 2 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a CI-focused
- Demonstrated success with implementations of continuous process
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO)
is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations
structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant
engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as
some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By
centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies,
reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer’s experience with
HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the
opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and
yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Iowa City , Freight & Distribution Engineer, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!