Product Development Engineering Manager
Company: HNI Corporation
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 4, 2021
HON and Allsteel, industry leaders in workplace
furnishings, are in search of a Product Development Engineering
Manager to our Leveraged Furniture
Operations (LFO) team in Muscatine, IA!
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Drives projects heavily weighted towards new product
introduction, but will also include a mix of product cost reduction
projects and support of our manufacturing operations.
- Defines and is responsible for meeting the product performance
requirements, including certification requirements, quality, and
customer satisfaction during and after product launch.
- Oversees internal and external engineering resources to hit
targeted launch dates, and other major milestones.
- Develops and manages the department budgeting, resource
planning, and project level capital and expense budgets.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- MS or MBA preferred.
Experience Required and/or Preferred:
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, 8 preferred.
- Prior management/supervisory experience.
- Experience successfully managing projects.
- Operations and continuous improvement experience
- At least 2 years furniture industry experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required and/or
- Knowledge of PLM process, project management, general costing
principles, general production processes and associated tooling and
equipment, test plan creation and management, regulatory compliance
requirements, supply chain management, tools such as SPC, PPAP,
DFMEA, PFMEA, root-cause analysis, finite element analysis,
material properties, Windchill, Creo (or other applicable
software), and other areas of product engineering.
- Proven financial acumen including understanding of product
level financial metrics, department budgeting and project level
- Ability to guide and develop the team on product engineering
principles by providing challenging assignments and through
effective coaching, feedback, recognition, and skill assessment and
- A basic knowledge of government/environmental regulations and
compliances that we are required to comply with as a
- Proven excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
and strong communication, presentation, and organization
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO)
is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations
structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant
engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as
some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By
centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies,
reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer’s experience with
HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the
opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and
yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Iowa City , Product Development Engineering Manager, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!