Company: Shive-Hattery Inc
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City office has an opportunity for an entry
level structural engineer with zero to two years of experience. You
will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance
is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated
people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you
- Graduate Engineering student with a structural engineering
- Master's in structural engineering is preferred but not
- Must be able to sit for the Iowa PE exam once required
experience has been obtained.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have
good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with
RISA structural analysis programs and Revit desired.
- Work in a team setting with other structural team members and
disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in
the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field
data collections and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several
licensed structural engineers.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated
platforms and open grating.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for
specific clients and sites.
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost a half a
million people and is consistently voted among the top places to
live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a
diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and
entrepreneurs. Whether you're visiting the Ped Mall in downtown
Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar
Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally owned restaurants,
farmer's markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries,
and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR
Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with
a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public
parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation
throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in top 100 places to live
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (Smart
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration.
You will learn from and teach other employees while working across
disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your
professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual
with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Shive-Hattery Inc, Iowa City , Structural Engineer, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!