Clerk III - ASC
Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery
Center is seeking aClerk IIIto provide clerical coordination
and support for ASC clinical operations. Duties will involve the
use of personal computers, computer terminals, and a variety of
software and/or conventional office equipment. Scheduled Monday
through Friday rotating schedule between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and
5:30 p.m. Duties to include:
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the Ambulatory Surgery
Center and completing general tasks such as retrieving voice
messages and responding as necessary.
- Coordinates, updates and distributes pertinent medical
documentation for the current, future and previous day's surgical
- Manages information from previous day's surgeries; verifies
that all pertinent information is documented and distributes to
other hospital locations appropriately.
- Responsible for initial patient/family greeting and follows
with check in procedures utilizing the clinical software system(s)
and facilitates patient flow.
- Responsible for completion of tasks that may arise due to
schedule changes such as making telephone calls to patients and
- Responsible for completing required electronic documentation
utilizing the clinical software program(s), such as OR arrival and
- Will also update the ASC Surgery schedule as required.
- Answers questions from staff and visitors in a suitable manner
or directs questions appropriately.
- Assists nursing and other medical staff as required such as
making phone calls and addressing questions and managing other
tasks as they arise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office routines and functions sufficient to refer
visitors and telephone calls and to route correspondence by name
and functional area.
- Knowledge of institutional and unit policies, processes, and
- Knowledge of proper format, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
- Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and apply
institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to gather, evaluates, and display data in appropriate
format and keeps accurate records.
- Ability to exercise functional supervision over employees.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
ICARE Core Values
Innovation We see creative ways to solve problems.
Collaboration We believe teamwork is the best way to
Accountability We behave ethically, act openly, and with
integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our
Respect We honor diversity and recognize the worth and
dignity of every person.
Excellence We strive to achieve excellence in all that we
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive
academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day
more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together
to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our
patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine.
Percent of Time:100%
Schedule:Monday through Friday
Location:Ambulatory Surgery Center
Rotations:Rotating schedule between the hours of 5:30 a.m.
to 5:30 p.m.
Merit Pay Plan:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave;
health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous
employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?,click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Any combination of related clerical office experience, related
undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training
that is equivalent to two years of full-time employment.
- Medical terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Basic computer skills desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired.
- Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment
- Knowledge of format and clerical procedures to arrange a
variety of material from different sources in a coherent and
logical manner desired.
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and regulations
Application Process:In order to be considered, applicants
must apply on the sitethat clearly address how they meet the listed
required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of10calendar days.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM onApril 30,
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background
check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for
- Classification Title: Clerk III
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 8
- Starting Salary Minimum: 35,325.96
- Starting Salary Maximum: 52,575.84
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Donna Brimeyer
- Contact Email:
Equal opportunity/affirmative action
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will
receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on
the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, associational preference, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations
with the application or interview process may contact University
Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services,(319) . For
jobs in UI Health care, please contact UI Health care Leave &
Disability Administration at.
Keywords: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City , Clerk III - ASC, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!