Company: Backstop Solutions
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Role can be fully remote*
We're looking for promising software developers with a passion
for mastering new technology. Our stack is heavy on server side
technologies - mostly Java and Rails oriented, but that doesn't
stop us from using the right language or tool to solve a particular
problem. We use Ruby to drive browser and API tests of our Java
applications, build Fitnesse suites to organize our Scala-based
integration tests and use C# to connect our applications to our
clients' Windows-based ecosystems.
- Develop software with high autonomy, pairing when
- Work with QA to write unit tests, UI tests and integration
tests to prove your code works.
- Contribute to a friendly, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Stay on top of developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively, especially when shaping the direction
our technology should take.
Technologies in use:
- Third-party products: Oracle, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, AWS
(Lambdas, S3, EC2, ), RabbitMQ
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, React, Rails, Hibernate, jQuery
- Systems Automation: Docker, HashiCorp Nomad/Consul/Vault,
CloudFormation, Puppet, Hiera, Jenkins
Experience and Skills
You'll be able to demonstrate you can code in a practical
interview, and you are comfortable with the idea of getting your
hands dirty in every aspect of an end-to-end software creation
process. If any of the following describe you, you'll probably be a
- 3-5 years of Java development experience
- You're a seasoned software professional, looking for a place
you can perfect your craft amongst friendly and supportive
- Writing beautiful code is a passion of yours and you want to
show the world.
- Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life & disability
- Unlimited vacation time
- 401(k) company match
- Professional organization memberships
- Game room, team events and quarterly company parties
- Weekly games, beer, bagels and snacks
- Casual work environment, jeans encouraged
- Work with smart, cool and dedicated folks
- The chance to work for a growing service provider in the
alternative financial industry
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action
employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals,
regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal
characteristic, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is
both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an
individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during
the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Keywords: Backstop Solutions, Iowa City , Software Engineer, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!