Curriculum Analyst, Degree Audit
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Office of the Registrar seeks a Curriculum Analyst to join
their Degree Audit team.
The Curriculum Analyst for the Office of the Registrar will
encode and maintain degree audit reporting system requirements
using a vended system (uAchieve) and a homegrown student
information system (MAUI) in accordance with University policies
and academic degree requirements as described in the General
Catalog. Serve as a member of the Registrar's Curriculum team in
support of academics and student success across campus. Work
closely with school/college and departmental staff to analyze
program of study requirements, develop consistent encoding
standards and practices, and provide expert guidance on suitable
encoding solutions while balancing the needs of students, advisors
and other users of the degree audit system. May encode exceptions
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Cultivate a broad understanding of the curriculum management
system to ensure consistency between degree audits, planned
curriculum, and sample plans of study.
- Creation of new program of study degree audit reports using the
General Catalog as authoritative source.
- Develop proposals for automation of degree audit tasks and work
closely with programmers throughout all phases of development.
- Create and utilize consistent messaging using common language
to help provide support and training for end users.
- Troubleshoot issues and resolve problems in collaboration with
IT, Registrar, and campus users.
- For a full job description, including all duties and
competencies assigned, please e-mail the contact listed below or
ABOUT THE DEPT: The Office of the Registrar serves as the
institutional guardian for official academic information and
records in supporting the faculty, staff and students of the
University of Iowa. We work with every faculty, staff, student,
department, and dean's office on campus coordinating and providing
services related to the student records: course catalog,
registration, fees, records, transcripts, data warehouse,
institutional research, reporting, maintenance, and security for
student records data, grading process, graduation and diploma
services. We are committed to providing high quality learning
environments to our faculty and students in coordination,
scheduling assignment and management of our University Classroom
inventory. Our services provide support for all departments in the
REQUIRED Education, Experience and Competencies
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or related
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some (minimum one year) related experience, preferably working
in higher education, degree audit encoding, data or policy
analysis, academic planning, curricular management, or an academic
Demonstrates a Working proficiency level in:
- Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage
a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing
organizational performance; ability to apply this knowledge
appropriately to diverse and complex situations using logic,
analytical techniques and deductive reasoning.
- Ability to contribute to and support a team-based work
environment with a variety of individuals and groups in a
constructive manner while appreciating the unique contribution of
- Able to work collaboratively and creatively on complex projects
that may involve many stakeholders and/or competing
Demonstrates an extensive proficiency in:
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and
techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and
accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the
application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Experience working in a Registrar's office.
- Experience with testing, prototyping, and implementing
- Familiarity with student and curricular data in student
information systems and degree audit systems (preferably uAchieve)
used in higher education.
- Familiarity with database structure and SQL.
In order to be considered for interview, applicants must upload
both of the following and mark them each as a "Relevant File" to
the job submission:
- a resume/CV - current/relevant
- cover letter - clearly addressing advertised
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and
may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original
posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to
a criminal background check. Up to five (5) professional references
will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
To learn more about why you should work at the University of
Iowa, visit our Working@Iowa and Benefits pages.
- Classification Title: Business Analyst
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 4A
- Starting Salary Minimum: 44000
- Starting Salary Maximum: 55000
- Organization: Provost
- Contact Name: Emily Kleinmeyer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , Curriculum Analyst, Degree Audit, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!