Company: Horizon Fitness
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Johnson Fitness & Wellness recently acquired Nova Fitness
Equipment, a Best of Omaha Fitness Equipment and Service Provider,
and we are seeking talented and motivated Service Technicians. This
is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the premier fitness
equipment and service companies in the Midwest.
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service
Technician works to repair, diagnose, and maintain exercise
equipment. This position will primarily require travel to local
area customer sites but may require occasional travel outside the
service area with overnights required.
- Act as a positive representative of Johnson Fitness & Wellness
(JFW) in the community through professional conduct, appearance and
a clean uniform.
- Diagnose problems and repair malfunctioning exercise
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Manage inventory levels appropriately and accurately.
- Prepare and follow through with paperwork related to billing
- Complete all time cards to ensure accuracy for payroll
- Assist the retail stores to resolve any customer service
- Assist key personnel to resolve any problem areas.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company
employees. This includes "inter" and "intra" departmental
employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners,
- Keeps the Service Manager informed as to all pertinent factors
affecting the assigned responsibilities.
- Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned,
unspecified, unusual or special duty the Service Manager may assign
from time to time.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of mechanical, service industry experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to team lift up-to 150 pounds at times during the work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb and use
hands and arms to operate warehouse equipment, move inventory,
product & displays. Must have the strength and stamina to safely
lift 150 pounds at least 4 times in a single 8-hour shift. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus for regular use of computer screen.
Employee may, on occasion, operate forklifts, hand pallet jacks and
hand shrink wrapper. Occasional use of a ladder is required.
- This position will work majority of the time in the field. A
portion of time will be spent in the warehouse which is a standard
warehouse operation which can be hazardous with individuals and
equipment working in close proximity but majority of the job is on
the road or in customer's homes.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented
work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs
Keywords: Horizon Fitness, Iowa City , Service Technician, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!