OR Staff Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery Center
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of
Ambulatory Surgery Center is seeking an OR Staff Nurse to work is
its multi-specialty surgery center that offers same day services
for adult patients. The ASC includes twelve state-of-the-art
operating rooms with large preparation and recovery areas,
featuring private rooms for families. This position is 100%
Vacation relief line, scheduled Monday through Friday, 8, 9, 10 or
12 hr shifts between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. plus
extension of shift call. Duties to include:
- Incorporate the scientific, behavioral and humanistic
principles for application to clinical practice.
- Adhere to departmental standards and practice guidelines
- Apply nursing theory to assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate
- Analyze initial and ongoing assessment data to determine
diagnoses and patient outcomes.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for patients and follow
- Implement emergency care procedures when necessary
- Maintain skills/competency related to special equipment,
medications and procedures.
- Participate as a member of the health care team utilizing
effective communication skills.
- Participate in the development of unit, department and hospital
policies, procedures and protocols.
- Apply quality improvement principles to improve patient
- Review staffing issues and recommend cost containment
- Serve as a member of various University committees, as
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning.
- Perform other projects or tasks as assigned.
- Participate in the orientation of new nursing staff and the
ongoing education and training.
- Serve as clinical teaching assistant for senior level nursing
and healthcare students.
- Maintain patient rights and confidentiality and serve as
- Responsible for adherence to legal, professional and
- Responsible for maintenance and enhancement of clinical skills
in multi-service operating rooms.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students and the public.
- Assist physicians as appropriate in procedures and care of
- Will perform RN monitored sedation.
ICARE Core Values
- Innovation - We seek creative ways to solve problems
- Collaboration - We believe teamwork is the best way to
- Accountability - We behave ethically, act openly and with
integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our
- Respect - We honor diversity and recognize the worth and
dignity of every person
- Excellence - We strive to achieve excellence in all that we
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive
academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day
more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together
to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our
patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Vacation relief line, scheduled Monday through Friday,
8, 9, 10 or 12 hr shifts between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 7:00
p.m. plus extension of shift call.
Salary: $52,701.00 to commensurate
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave;
health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous
employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, paid
vacation and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the
full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
- An Associate's degree in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing,
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, or Master's degree in Nursing
(MNHP or MSN) is required.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa is
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Demonstrates customer service and service recovery is
- Current ACLS certification or completion within 3 months of
employment is required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Nursing
is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active
enrollment in BSN program is desirable.
- Intra-Operative experience and/or recent (in the last 12
months) internship in an Intra-Operative area is highly
- CNOR certification desired
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must
upload Cover Letter and Resume (under submission relevant
materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required
and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on May 7, 2021.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background
check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 52
- Starting Salary Minimum: 52,701.00
- Starting Salary Maximum: 92,268.00
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Molly Kucera
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , OR Staff Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery Center, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!