HON and Allsteel, industry leaders in office
furniture design and manufacturing, is in search of Level 2
Production & Assembly applicants to join
our Leveraged Furniture
Operations (LFO) team in Muscatine,
Shift: multiple shifts available.
Pay: starting at $16.00 per hour based on prior manufacturing
experience. Our 2nd, 3rd, or weekend shift opportunities receive an
additional hourly shift differential. We pay our Members
Great opportunity to bring your skills in to a new career path!
In an Assembly role, you will be working in a fast-paced
environment where you may be responsible for basic assembly,
attachment, and installation of parts. May also be responsible for
pulling and separating parts and general pack out of finished
Shift: Multiple needs
Pay: starting at $16.00 per hour, we offer a pay progression
strategy through annual performance reviews! Our 2nd, 3rd, or
weekend shift opportunities receive an additional hourly shift
differential. We pay our Members weekly!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and follow schedules in order to assemble product, while
following standard work processes and adhering to all quality
standards and safety rules.
- Maintain a work pace that supports production goals.
- Maintain clean work area and follow 6S guidelines.
- Operating hand tools and/or operating automatic equipment
- Willingness to train others through the Member Training
- Perform quality checks
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Perform rework of product or parts as necessary
- Member may be required to train others in Level 2 and/or Level
1 roles per the Member Training Program
- Member will be expected to maintain flexibility and will
occasionally perform other roles in Level 2 and Level 1.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success
of the organization
Work Environment/ Physical Conditions:
- Dust, fumes and noise are commonplace
- Seasonal fluctuations in temperatures and humidity are
- Stand and/or work for up to 10-hours per day
- Lift and carry up to 40lbs on a continuous basis
WHAT IT TAKES
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn how to utilize hand tools
- Ability to read, understand, and execute to standard work
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently as
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach
- Ability to perform high volume repetitive type work
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills
- HNI experience or skilled technical or manufacturing experience
- Consistent work history and dependability
- Proven history of strong work performance
Education and/or Required Training:
- No prior education or training is required.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HNI
- Healthcare: Benefits that start Day 1! In addition to full
medical, dental and vision insurance. All our plans offer free
- Paid Holidays: We offer 11 paid holidays per year and you are
eligible starting Day 1!
- Paid Time Off: Begin to accrue vacation time in your first
month. We also reward you with additional time off for perfect
- We offer great rewards for members after 12 months of service
including a great 401K company contribution, profit sharing
bonuses, educational reimbursement program, and the ability to buy
our products at a discounted Member's only price.
At LFO, you’ll find any number of opportunities to grow your
skills and enjoy a long-term, lasting career. We offer many ways
for our Members to grow their skills, their contribution and their
earning potential. And you don’t even have to start with a specific
career path in mind!
We are 30-miles or less from: Wilton, Nichols, Durant,
West Liberty, Wapello, Walcott, Columbus Junction, Tipton,
Riverside, Illinois City and New Boston.
If you’re willing to learn, we’re ready to train you in ways
that will grow your skills and provide opportunities to advance.
All we ask is that you be flexible, hard-working and ready to try
To apply for a full-time position, please complete an
application online. At this time, no walk-in
applications are being accepted. Please contact the Recruitment
Center at 563.272.7446 if you have any
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
The fourth largest employer in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry
Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best
Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as
“The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s
best companies for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations
(LFO) is the branded name for our
furniture manufacturing and operations structure. This
encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant engineering, supply
chain, distribution and logistics, as well as some roles in finance
and accounting, and human resources. By centralizing these
key functions, we enhance our efficiencies, reduce costs, and
ultimately improve our customer’s experience with HNI! When
you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the opportunity to make a
significant impact on both our future and yours with work that
matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth without
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for
the best visual overview of our organization.