Company: Iowa City VA Medical Research Foundation
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Research Coordinator- Patient Facing We are an Iowa City-based
medical research foundation run within the VA HealthCare system. We
are actively engaged to offer support to several clinical trials,
pharmaco-epidemiology, chronic disease epidemiology, genetic
epidemiology, biostatistical, and genomics research. Our Iowa
City-based Foundation is taking part in the All of Us Research
Program in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health
(NIH) and is seeking a Research Coordinator to support the
establishment and execution of a multi-center epidemiological
cohort study. The All of Us Research Program is a multi-agency
government initiative examining the intersection of human genes,
lifestyle, and environment to revolutionize individualized
healthcare. The research coordinator will work closely with a
multidisciplinary team to provide support in participant facing
outreach, engagement and program enrollment as part of a regional
outreach team working in the Corridor. If you are interested in
patient facing research and enjoy interacting with a diverse group
of participants, this is the job for you. Come be a part of a
dynamic, goal and mission orientated team aiming to expand
representation of Veterans in biomedical research! Who You Are:
- Experienced: You have relevant education in a scientific field
such as biology, epidemiology, chemistry, or public health,
preferably with 1-2 years of human subjects research experience.
Applicants with previous experience in clinical trials or
observational research are especially encouraged to apply.
- Outgoing and Composed: You're an excellent communicator (verbal
& written), organized, and confident in communicating with
patients, researchers and medical center personnel. You can
confidently engage with the public and recruit new participants to
the program. You are comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once
while producing quality results.
- Flexible: No two days are alike at the VA. You are dynamic and
willing to make adjustments. You are comfortable working in a
variety of environments and engaging with a variety of people.
- Tech Savvy: You're familiar with databases, wikis, SharePoint,
and Microsoft Office. You have no problem learning new software and
navigating digital platforms. You can troubleshoot issues with
technological connectivity and access.
- Leader: You are confident in your work. You also have the drive
to help the study team achieve their goals.
- Confidential & Compliant: Ability to operate 100%
confidentially and to comply with study protocols and human
subjects research rules and regulations.
- Must be a US Citizen living in or wiling to relocate to the
Iowa City Area. This job does require some travel to sites on an
infrequent basis. What You'll Do
- Working closely with all members of the program coordinating
team and the regional outreach team you would contribute to
day-to-day patient facing program activities of outreach,
engagement, and enrollment into the research study. Most of your
time will be spent in a clinical setting.
- Become an expert knowledge center for the program and all
aspects of the engagement and enrollment process from the
- Nurture relationships and network with clinical and support
staff in the medical facilities where the program is
- Facilitate in study recordation via websites, wikis, and
SharePoint to fulfill human subjects research requirements.
- Assist team members in various ongoing nationwide projects by
providing constructive, informed, and insightful feedback for the
betterment of the program.
- Must be comfortable drawing blood (phlebotomy) and will be
taught procedure. What You'll Get
- A benefits package including health, dental, vision,
vacation/holiday, and retirement plan matching.
- A unique environment with fun, outgoing, and intelligent
- The ability to contribute to making a difference in the lives
- A supportive culture where your professional growth is as
important as ours.
- This is a 3-year grant supported position. Two Coordinators
will be hired to support this grant.
Keywords: Iowa City VA Medical Research Foundation, Iowa City , Research Coordinator, Other , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!