Working Location: Iowa, Iowa City
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Job Description The primary role is to provide customer support
of Olympus equipment in the Operating Room and/or other specified
departments by focusing on managing all relevant equipment,
providing basic trouble shooting, and provides training for proper
care and handling of Olympus equipment.
Job Duties In a typical day, you will:
* Assist Olympus personnel with the installation of
* Coordinate schedules with audiovisual providers and boom
manufacturers for installation.
* Set-up and break-down of plug & play video tower/system
equipment, according to IFU instructions.
* Provide in-servicing sessions for operation room personnel on
Olympus equipment regularly, based on staff needs.
* Provide clinical equipment management support on all Olympus
equipment (pre, intra & post OP).
* Evaluate and resolve equipment malfunctions as necessary. May
include basic electronic troubleshooting.
* Coordinate periodic evaluations of the equipment with the
customer to make determinations as to repair or replacement needs
in the event of damage, loss, wear and tear, etc.
* Perform routine maintenance on the equipment, including
pre-use inspection, evaluation of equipment malfunction as
necessary, and periodic functionality testing to proactively
prevent issues during operation.
* Work with Customer to schedule inspection, repair, and/or
replacement of equipment when damaged, worn, and lost, etc.
* Follow procedures to notify, track, and report lost or damaged
equipment Coordinate with customer shipping and receiving
department(s), as well as Olympus Service group(s), to expedite
repairs of the equipment Monitor, and if requested, reasonably
report, the Customer's Olympus repair expenditures; note
significant repair issues or occurrences.
* Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude as
required by Olympus Americas INC and the facility you are
*Adhere to HIPAA and other related patient confidentiality
policies and procedures at all times.
Job Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Associates degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
Relevant job history will be considered.
* Minimum of 1 year of related equipment experience/knowledge in
electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, nursing, computer
science, or related discipline required.
* Travel less than 20% annually; potential overnight and air
* Must be able to operate a vehicle.
* Operating room experience and demonstrated knowledge of
anatomy, surgical procedures and aseptic technique preferred.
* Solid working knowledge of electronics and audiovisual
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft office, strong
verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be comfortable with public speaking, delivering an
in-service/demonstration to a group Must possess a high degree of
self-reliance, initiative, and creativity.
* Excellent work ethic, proven self-starter with excellent time
management skills with the ability to use independent judgment and
critical thinking effectively.
* Eager to learn and grow, accept and apply feedback Is
dedicated to consistently delivering superior customer service.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Iowa (US-IA) || Iowa