Front End Senior Software Engineer
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 5, 2018
OverviewACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!ResponsibilitiesACT is looking for a developer who will drive forward innovation and help delive cutting edge application solutions.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Develop new user-facing features and APIs driving them
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Independently and as part of the team, design, create, maintain and enhance solutions with reusable components that can be leveraged by multiple teams.
- Collaborate with scrum and UX teams to support all SDLC activities. This includes activity in consideration of User Interface, product scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance, as well as leveraging static code analysis tools, and how we support production monitoring.
- Actively participate in, and sometimes lead or coach others through process improvement and technology selection discussions and decisions within area of expertise. Recommend and help with implementation of tools and standards to ensure software quality and performance standards.
- Actively participate in team success through mentoring, coaching and advising other team members; support junior team members to proactively anticipate and resolve issues across scrum teams
- Actively participate in design / architectural discussions, grooming user stories, sprint demos, and daily scrums to help establish a Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) approach. Recommend product, infrastructure, or design changes to ensure quality and performance standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area required, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Information Systems
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience that includes experience and demonstrated success leading and building teams required
- Experience with web development technologies such as HTML, SASS, CSS, and Angular
- Experience with front-end development responsive frameworks and techniques (eg. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Expertise in a static code analysis tools such as SonarQube, HPFortify, Crucible preferred
- Expertise in a production monitoring solutions such as NewRelic, Tivoli, App Dynamics, SCOM and synthetic
- Experience in architecting software solutions, and technical design in continuous integration environment preferred
- Experience working in a microservice architecture preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred
- Experience with AWS solutions is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and RESTful web services
- Strong knowledge of web application security, optimization and debugging
- Strong knowledge of version control such as Git required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required
- Demonstrated ability to support, mentor, coach and advise other team members preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical professionals and influence product stakeholders preferred
- Demonstrated success in new technology implementation required
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to technical issues required
- Results-oriented and able to work across the organization required
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead team through changes in a rapidly transforming organization
- transaction scripting preferred
- Understanding of test automation frameworks such as Robot preferred
Keywords: ACT, Iowa City , Front End Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!