Clerk IV - Staffing Office
Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing
is seeking a Clerk IV in the Staffing Office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researches information, prepares, reviews and analyzes
documents, such as reports, applications, records etc., applicable
to a specialized subject area requiring independent informational
search and a knowledge of the policies and procedures of both the
assigned and related work areas.
- Creates and maintains a complex database that requires
specialized subject matter knowledge. Analyzes the data to maintain
the database and generate reports. Troubleshoots database problems
- Advises staff, faculty, and others requiring interpretation of
policies and regulations of specific projects or programs in
assigned work area.
- Coordinates intra unit and interunit operations and procedures
and participates in regular staff meetings to discuss and assist in
developing operational policies and procedures.
- Composes correspondence requiring judgment in the application
of policies and procedures in both the assigned and related work
- Knowledge of institutional and unit policies, processes, and
- Knowledge of format and clerical procedures to arrange a
variety of material from different sources in a coherent and
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
- Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online
systems to develop unit-specific applications.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and
- Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret
institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and display data in appropriate
format and keep accurate records.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive
academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day
more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together
to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our
patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine.
Percent of Time: 50%
Schedule: 20 hours per week, every Saturday and Sunday. Rotating
shifts; 0400-1130, every other Monday from 0700-1530. Six on-call
shifts required per 6 week schedule.
Rotations: 6 on call shifts every 6 week schedule. Rotating holiday
Merit Pay Plan:
--- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
--- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave;
health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous
employer contributions into retirement plans
--- For more information about Why Iowa?, click
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Anycombination of progressively responsible related clerical
office experience,related undergraduate education, and/or post high
school clerical training thatis the equivalent to four years of
- Knowledge ofinstitutional and unit policies, processes, and
- Knowledge of formatand clerical procedures to arrange a variety
of material from different sourcesin a coherent and logical
- Knowledge of grammar,spelling, punctuation, and
- Skill in utilizingcomputer software packages and online systems
to develop unit-specificapplications.
- Skill in operatingoffice equipment.
- Ability to communicateeffectively with staff, students, and the
- Ability to makedecisions requiring interpretation and
- Ability to follow oraland written instructions and interpret
institutional and other policiesaccurately.
- Ability to gather,analyze, and display data in appropriate
format and keep accurate records.
- Ability to organizeand prioritize multiple tasks.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10calendar days. This job
may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum
posting period has ended. For questions or additional information,
please contact the Nursing Recruitment office at 319-356-2285.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background
check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for
Keywords: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City , Clerk IV - Staffing Office, Human Resources , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!