Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: HBC Clerk
As an HBC Clerk, this position will be responsible for rotating,
facing, and replenishing merchandise. You will review department
status for cleanliness, product quality, and quantity.
Additionally, you will ensure a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers
and team members.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of Health Wellness Home, Store Operations, and
Perishables; Fashion/Beauty/Basin Director; Basin Department
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern, and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible. Assists customers by (examples include:
escorting them to the products they're looking for, securing
products that are out of reach, loading or unloading heavy items,
making notes of and passing along customer suggestions or requests,
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call. Works with co-workers as a team to
ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures the
highest quality standards are met. Reviews department status for
cleanliness, product quality, and quantity
- Checks in product put product away and may review
- Assists with inventory as requested.
- Maintains displays in the department and throughout the
- Orders product when asked by supervisor.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds displays as needed.
- Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to follow written, verbal, or
diagrammatic instructions; several concrete variables.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated
instructions; write identifying information request supplies orally
or in writing.
Education and Experience:
Less than high school and over six months up to one year of similar
or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
20 inches or less, depth perception, and color vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive
This position is continually exposed to dust and noise. This is a
fast-paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Ladder, C.A.R.S. ordering system, Computer, Register system, Box
cutter, Scissors, Hammer, Screwdriver, and Produce cart.
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Iowa City , HBC Stocker, Hospitality & Tourism , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!