District Sales Manager - AgriGold
Company: AgReliant Genetics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
WHO WE AREAgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research,
production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions
that help farmers grow.Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture
between two of the world's largest independent seed companies, KWS
and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing
independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third
largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the
largest research programs in North America.At AgReliant Genetics we
have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the
U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of
geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands -
AgriGold -, LG Seeds - and PRIDE Seeds - - and our digital ag
platform Advantage Acre -, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates
commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships,
delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent
customer experience.OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE AgReliant Genetics is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every
level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values
and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate
commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their
work.At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a
culture where we value our employees' passion and believe in giving
people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel
in a rewarding career.You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics
and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant
on Facebook and Twitter.AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal
opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at
AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy
for long-term success.POSITION SUMMARY:This position is responsible
for representing AgriGold in the sale and distribution of its seed
products to dealers and select accounts in an assigned territory.
Responsible for achieving maximum sales and increased market
penetration of brand.This position will cover Southwest
- Develop and implement business plan to achieve or surpass sales
- Recruit new Selling Dealers and Select Accounts.
- Follow up with Select Accounts on product positioning,
performance and other service issues.
- Promote the brand image and marketing programs through the
Dealer sales force.
- Utilize digital tools and resources to drive sales.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility by operating within assigned
- Assist Dealers in account follow-up to verify that Dealer and
company account balances agree.
- Train, motivate and develop Dealers to sell on their own
through training sessions and on-the-job training.
- Assist Dealers in preparing and implementing their sales
- Support Dealer Supervisors and Area Business Managers operating
in the territory, if applicable.
- Plan, plant, and harvest test plots for yield comparisons.
- Install signs at plots and fields to promote brand
- Provide a communication link for the brand, between Selling
Dealers, Select Accounts and the Regional Business Director.
- Advise the Area Business Manager of all major market
developments in the district that affect sales and/or
- Implement brand policies regarding collections, delivery,
inventory, returns and other necessary functions as directed by the
Area Business Manager and/or Division Sales Leader.
- Submit all reports and complete all tasks required in a timely
- Report product problems in the territory and handle routine
- Annually, evaluate all Selling Dealers and Select Accounts with
the Area Business Manager to assist in expanding and upgrading
- Collect accounts receivables and follow up on accounts that are
slow in paying.
- Attend and participate in Regional Sales Meetings and other
- Responsible for projecting a positive image of AgriGold and
AgReliant Genetics and act in accordance with the Company's Core
- Maintain appearance of Company vehicle and equipment.
- Other duties as assignedEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Agronomy or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional sales/account
management experience or one or more years of sales experience
working in agriculture
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) preferred
- Knowledge of seed industry preferredKNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITES:
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation
- Good time management skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word,
- Ability to work required hours and travel as necessary
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Must have valid driver's license and meet AgReliant's
- Some overnight travel required
Keywords: AgReliant Genetics, Iowa City , District Sales Manager - AgriGold, Hospitality & Tourism , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!