Company: Eastern Iowa Health Center
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: July 23, 2019
Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity for a
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to
join our team in providing primary care services at our family
medicine/pediatric location. The ideal candidate must have a
commitment to providing high quality primary care for our complex
patients. Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager
and the Clinic Administrator, The CMA/LPN shall be knowledgeable in
the standard practices, rules, and regulations related to
The mission of Eastern Iowa Health Center is to provide a medical
home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary,
oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families
in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including:
medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits including
eight paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement
savings plan. Loan repayment is possible through the National
Health Service Corp.
- Provide general medical care and select patient care tasks;
working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other
multidisciplinary team members.
- Provide individualized education to patients and families
appropriate for age, diagnosis, and level of understanding with the
direction of RN or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Assist physicians with patient office visits, including putting
patients in rooms, interviewing patients, recording vital signs and
entering information in patients electronic medical record.
- Responsible for maintaining exam rooms: organize, clean, and
stock with required supplies and equipment for each visit.
- Perform select clinical tests including, but not limited to;
blood glucose, rapid HIV testing, influenza, and strep cultures.
Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients
- Administer medications according to orders from a Licensed
Independent Practitioner (LIP), following the six (6) rights of
medication administration; Assist providers with procedures by
providing pre and post-procedural care, participating in the Time
Out, and intra-procedural support.
- Screen patient calls and make follow up calls as requested by
the provider. Direct calls requiring assessment to an RN or LIP.
- Completion of Medical Assistant program at an accredited
- Current LPN license in the State of Iowa & in good standing
Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification
- Electronic health records, Athena preferredJob Preferences
- Previous experience in a medical clinic
- Advance working knowledge of outpatient care, triage and clinic
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to provide services to
persons who are disabled, homeless, substance users, HIV (AIDS)
infected, and/or psychologically impaired
Keywords: Eastern Iowa Health Center, Iowa City , CMA/LPN, Healthcare , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!