Dir of Nursing
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Area of Interest: Behavioral Health - Nursing;
FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
Department: Residential Care;
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm, on call responsibilities,
40 hours per week;
AbbeHealth Services - is a regional nonprofit organization
dedicated to providing mental health and aging services that help
individuals achieve their optimum levels of independence and
success. Chatham Oaks Residential Care Facility, is a subsidiary of
AbbeHealth Services located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
This RN would be a compassionate individual who desires to provide
support and guidance to individuals in mental health recovery and
the team which supports those individuals. The Director of Nursing
will be responsible for the overall supervision of direct care
services within the facility.
Why UnityPoint Health?
* Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling
career and experience aculture guided by uncompromising values and
unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we
* Benefits -Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits
options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance
that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life
stage you're in.
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment- We're committed to
ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race,
gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
* Development- We believe equipping you with support and
development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a
remarkable employment experience.
* Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core
purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a
great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Is aware of department compliance requirements for federally
funded healthcare programs (eg. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding
fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding
compliance to the immediate attention of department or
* Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner
in support of the organization's commitment to ethical behavior in
all areas of personal and professional activity.
* Demonstrates a positive cooperative attitude, flexibility, and a
willingness to change to meet department goals.
* Responsible for the hiring, orientation, ongoing training,
scheduling and direct supervision of direct care staff.
* Participate in the referral and admission process for individuals
seeking RCF services and ensure all aspects of the admission
process are completed.
* Implement mental health and primary care services as ordered by
primary care provider and/or psychiatrist and consult with either
as the need arises.
* Assist in the development of person-centered plans and ensure
implementation of plans to ensure maximum resident outcomes and
documentation of outcomes of treatment interventions.
* Provide support within the scope of practice to residents
experiencing psychosocial crisis.
* Screen residents for suicidal/homicidal ideation and provides
appropriate intervention to maintain patient safety.
* Assist in the discharge planning process for residents. Ensure
all required components of discharge are completed.
* Responsible for adhering to requirements of the Department of
Inspections and Appeals and the Department of Human Services as it
pertains to RCF services.
* Oversight of emergency plans and infection control program for
* Attend meetings, patient conferences, planning sessions, related
to quality assurance, patient care, and other related topics within
* Performs additional duties as may be assigned to ensure complete
service to all customers.
Must possess a current registered nurse license for the State of
Minimum of two years' experience in psychiatric care. Previous
management experience preferred. Iowa Driver's License
* Area of Interest: Leadership - Nursing;
* FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
* Department: Residential Care- Chatham Oaks;
* Shift: Monday - Friday, daytime hours, rotating on call
responsibilities, 40 hours per week;
* Job ID: 126023;
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Iowa City , Dir of Nursing, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!