Medical Detox Nurse-Days FT/PT ($2,500 Sign On Bonus Included!)
Company: Community and Family Resources
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Included! - -Are you interested in a
position that offers nursing atonomy? Are you interested in having
direct impact on quality care and making active decisions for your
patients? - Do you want to make an impact in the lives of those
suffering from substance use disorders and have a direct impact on
our community, this position is for you! Community and Family
-Resources is seeking a Nurse to provide medical care for clients
in our Medically Monitored Detox Unit in Iowa City. - This detox
unit is located in a Community Access Center called the GuideLink
Center. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Comprehensive Assessment and Care Plan delivery for
clients following physician and standing orders. -
- Be an active member of the integrated care team.
- Active particpation for individualized discharge planning for
each client. -
- Close collaboration with medical providers for each client to
ensure high quality care. -Schedule:
- Type: Full-time or Part-Time
- Hours: 6a - 6p, 3 12 hour shifts each week (full-time) or 2 12
hour shifts each week (part-time) which includes every other
weekend. -Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with a
valid license in Iowa
- Experience in substance use treatment services is preferred but
not required. - Training and Education provided. -Required
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, regularly, and fluently in
English; bilingual (English/Spanish) abilities are preferred but
- Knowledge of 42CFR and HIPAA and how confidentiality
regulations apply to the agency.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs including
electronic health record.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information
as mandated by various federal and state laws.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand all policies/procedures and the ability
to reference them from the agency's manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or agency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise records.
- Ability to prepare regular and special written and oral
- Ability to analyze problems presented and to develop and
implement effective courses of action.Physical Demands:
- The staff member is regularly required to sit and talk or
- The staff member is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The staff member may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- The staff member must have the ability to move within and
between agency buildings, standing, sitting, lifting and
manipulating objects typically found in this work environment.
- The staff member may be required to work at any agency building
as needed/directed and be responsible for her/his own
- The staff member may experience traumatic situations including
hostile clients, clients' family members, and/or responsible
- The ability to understand all policies/procedures and the
ability to reference them from the agency's manuals.
- The ability to comply with the agency's infection control
policies/ procedures including the Exposure Control plan which
reflects OSHA Bloodborne pathogens standard to ensure a safe work
environment for self and others.
- The staff member may be required to work extended periods of
time at a video display terminal (VDT).
- The staff member must be able to work in a fast-paced
environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize
multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory
assistance as appropriate.Benefits and Compensation:Starting pay
for this position ranges from $30.00-$37.00, and is commensurate
with experience and education. CFR offers a comprehensive benefit
package, including IPERS, medical, dental and vision insurance,
flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off (4 weeks during
the first year of employment), 9 paid holidays, paid training, and
more!Application Process:Candidates interested in applying should
submit an application and resume. Candidates will be required to
complete a background check, drug screen, and TB test prior to
starting employment. Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19
or have an approved religious or medical exemption. CFR is a
nicotine free employer.Equal Opportunity Employer: -Community and
Family Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employers and prohibits
unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, military status, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. - Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable person(s) with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Community and Family Resources, Iowa City , Medical Detox Nurse-Days FT/PT ($2,500 Sign On Bonus Included!), Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!