Company: RKA Recruiting LLC
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Monday through Fridayday hours plus call hoursBasic Job Function
and ResponsibilitiesTo assume the responsibilities and
accountability of a clinically proficient nurse for promoting and
assuring patient centered care. To integrate professional abilities
for the overall planning, delivery, coordination and evaluation of
patient care. Promotes the Mission, Vision and Values of the
organization. -Job Duties/Performance Expectations
- Obtains a comprehensive admission history, performs physical
assessment per unit policy and demonstrates integrated assessment
abilities. a. Differentiates variations of normal and abnormal
assessment findings. b. Analyzes and prioritizes abnormal findings.
Initiates appropriate response. c. Anticipates actual or potential
problems or health concerns in the hospital and/or home
- Demonstrates ongoing assessment of patient-- - -s psychosocial,
physiological and educational process per unit policy. a.
Anticipates, recognizes and documents subtle changes in patient-- -
-s physical and mental status. b. Integrates analysis of diagnostic
information in patient assessment and care. c. Analyzes ongoing
assessments to determine patient-- - -s and/or significant other--
- -s learning and discharge needs.
- Integrates assessment data and formulates an individualized RN
diagnosis according to the Department of RN-- - -s policies and
- Formulates an individualized plan of care based on standards of
care and practice and hospital/unit policies. a. Identifies and
focuses on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, learning
and discharge planning needs of the patient and significant
other(s). b. Develops, interprets and correlates realistic goals
and orders which will maintain or improve patient health status. c.
Discusses and disseminates information concerning patient plan of
care with members of the interdisciplinary health care team. d.
Participates in ongoing discharge planning with members of the
interdisciplinary health care team.
- Modifies individualized plan of care based on ongoing
assessment and changes in patient status. a. Re-evaluates current
goals and priorities for action. b. Appropriately coordinates
holistic care. c. Anticipates and manages changing situations.
- Administers prescribed treatments and medications promptly
according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Guides and provides functional supervision of ancillary staff
while maintaining accountability for patient care. Assists and
guides peers with patient care decisions.
- Recognizes and questions unsafe, incorrect or inadequate
orders. Intervenes to clarify patient order.
- Utilizes opportunities during the delivery of patient care to
teach the patient information necessary to attain the optimal level
of self care. a. Recognizes patient-- - -s readiness to learn. b.
Develops and enhances an individualized teaching plan in
conjunction with the patient-- - -s needs. c. Utilizes available
teaching materials and support groups, etc.; formulates
instructional material as needed. d. Reinforces teaching done by
other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Evaluates patient-- - -s responses to care and comprehension of
education. a. Monitors response to intervention and progress
towards goals. b. Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care
provided by ancillary RN personnel.
- Documents all aspects of the RN process in a legible, concise,
clear and timely manner utilizing appropriate hospital forms or
technology and terminology.
- Involves patient and significant other(s) in all aspects of the
RN process. a. Acts as a patient advocate and respects the rights
and confidentiality of patients. b. Promotes communication and
relays information in a clear manner. Utilizes information and
communication systems effectively. c. Understands and acts within
the guidelines for addressing ethical concerns.
- Demonstrates sound judgment with the RN Process based upon
critical thinking skills and a problem solving approach. a.
Organizes, prioritizes and demonstrates accountability for RN care.
b. Demonstrates sensitivity to strengths and limitations of peers.
Offers praise, direction and evaluation as needed. c. Recognizes
own limitations, seeks assistance and takes corrective action as
- Anticipates and takes proper action in emergency and complex
patient care situations.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and utilizes
recommendations in patient care delivery.
- Understands and acts within the guidelines as defined in the
Department of RN organizational structure. Utilizes chain of
command and appropriate communication procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of RN and active RN
license -- RequiredCertification(s), Licensure(s) & Registration(s)
- Must possess current RN licensure in the State of Iowa or
compact state - Required -
- Current Basic Life Support validation or successfully complete
Basic Life Support (BLS) -course- Required
Keywords: RKA Recruiting LLC, Iowa City , Endoscopy Nurse, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!