Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Grand Living
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
As Assistant Director of Health and Wellness (Nursing), you will
be responsible for enhancing the overall Resident and Family
experience through provision of comprehensive leadership to the
Health and Wellness department with thorough and passionate
training, scheduling, and mentoring on our specialized services.
Responsible for establishing and sustaining a culture of
unparalleled service and long-term growth through supporting the
Health and Wellness department in an administrative and clinical
role. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch friendly,
courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner, resulting in a
very high level of Resident satisfaction. This position is under
the general guidance of the Director of Health and Wellness in
accordance with Community standards, processes, procedures,
practices and philosophy. Essential Functions:
- Participate in Start Sterling! line up each day.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a
friendly and courteous manner.
- Provide nursing services including medication administration,
delegation and provision of care and services to residents whose
conditions are allowed to be cared for within an assisted living or
memory care environment per State regulations.
- Responsible for orienting, delegating, training, and scheduling
the Health and Wellness team members.
- Provide and oversee orientation checklists, delegated tasks,
and shadowing shifts for new team members.
- Ensure the evaluation and clinical competence of health and
wellness team members (as allowed by State regulations) by
participation in orientation and training of team members.
- Work closely with other Health and Wellness leaders.
- Support iCloud Storage through activating and maintaining
- Operate office equipment including phone, copy machine,
computer, fax, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical supplies are ordered and
available in adequate quantity for the health and wellness
- Due to resident expectations and both planned and unplanned
events/occurrences, employees may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business and service needs of the
Community. SPECIFIC POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND PHYSICAL
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in
order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop,
reach, grasp, push, pull and work continuously without sitting for
extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry, push or pull up to 40 pounds. Other:
- Employees are required to work a flexible schedule which
includes, rotating weekend and holiday shifts. Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing, required.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, preferred. Experience:
- Three or more years of experience working in a Floor or Charge
- Experience creating schedules for healthcare and/or clinical
- Previous experience in a Senior Living environment, highly
- Previous experience working in a memory care environment,
- Licensed Practical Nurse in state of employment, required.
- Registered Nurse in state of employment, highly preferred.
- Ability to obtain any government required license or
certificate. For more information, or to apply now, you must go to
the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only
accept applications through our
Keywords: Grand Living, Iowa City , Assistant Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!