Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Instructional Track Faculty Position #74141
Company: The University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The University of Iowa (UI) College of Nursing seeks applicants
with a strong foundation of teaching in an undergraduate
pre-licensure and/or graduate program and incorporates active
learning strategies. This part-time (50% effort) instructional
track faculty position is a nine-month appointment. Teaching
responsibilities may consist of teaching undergraduate and/or
graduate courses, supervising students, or other course related
activities during the academic year (fall and spring semesters).
Areas of particular interest include teaching expertise in FNP
practicum, pharmacology, DNP role courses, and DNP projects.
Teaching assignments are made by the Assistant Dean for Graduate
Practice Programs in collaboration with the Interim Executive
Associate Dean. Candidates from various cultural backgrounds are
highly encouraged to apply. Responsibilities: Teaching (40%):
- Expand/develop instructional content and evaluation metrics for
selected FNP health courses and clinical site expansion.
- Provides primary instruction to courses within the graduate
programs as assigned.
- Assists with DNP projects. Service (10%):
- Assists with evaluation of clinical rotation sites annually and
recommends changes as needed.
- Identify clinical sites in Central/Western Iowa.
- Assists in developing and maintaining community clinical
partners in Central/Western Iowa. Required Qualifications include:
- Earned doctorate in nursing (Research or Practice
- Licensed Registered Nurse and eligible for licensure in the
State of Iowa
- National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- DEA number and Iowa Controlled Substance License
- At least three years or more experience in family and/or
community health practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in formal teaching, mentoring, or precepting in
nursing education and/or recognized preparation for teaching in an
academic setting Preferred Qualifications include:
- Professional service to nursing/health organizations. The
college is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in
achieving our education, research, service, and practice missions,
as demonstrated through our Pillars of Diversity.
Keywords: The University of Iowa, Iowa City , Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Instructional Track Faculty Position #74141, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!