Company: The University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 1, 2021
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of
Radiation Therapy is seeking a Radiation Therapist to apply
ionizing radiation to patients in accordance with the prescription
and instructions of the radiation oncologist. Provide radiation
therapy protection monitoring in all clinical areas. Provide some
functional teaching and supervision of students.
- Perform complex radiation therapy procedures and operate
- Perform radiation therapy technologist responsibilities as
- Provide dosimetrist and radiation physicist with treatment
parameter calculations and computerized dosimetry.
- Present instruction to radiation therapy technology students
and assist in evaluation.
- Manufacture individualized immobilization devices and shielding
- Maintain liaison with Radiation Therapy residents and staff
physicians regarding scheduling and other technological
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintaining quality control
in accordance with hospital, departmental and area
- Assist with preventive maintenance of equipment to minimize
- Make appropriate adjustments to equipment and patients in the
event of an equipment failure.
- Maintain patient care and other records necessary.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students and the public.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will
receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on
the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, associational preference, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
Keywords: The University of Iowa, Iowa City , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!