Company: University of Iowa Health Care
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of
Radiology is seeking a Staff Nurse to assess patients' nursing care
needs, evaluate effectiveness of care provided, and integrate
nursing theory and research into clinical practice. Provide
leadership to members of the nursing team to maintain patient care
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment,
and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across
- Provide pre, intra- and post procedure nursing care
(assessment, monitoring, intervention and education) related to
diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Assist in the collection of arterial and venous blood
- Procedural sedation including administering medication, patient
monitoring, patient transport, recovery, provide patient and family
education training, and patient follow up information.
- Prepare daily patient workup for next day scheduled
- Accurately complete, document, and file required
daily/nightly/monthly equipment checks and audits.
- Is a resource for the other modalities within Radiology as
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities,
which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses.
Documents/reports interventions and patient/family
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and
families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge
planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department,
division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to
maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals
performing this job.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive
academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day
more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together
to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our
patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine.
Changing Lives. ®
Percent of Time: 90%
Schedule: 12 hour shifts 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM three days a week
(Monday-Friday). Holiday/weekday/weekend on-call rotation.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background
- Regular salaried position. Located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave;
health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous
employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa? Click
Keywords: University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City , Staff Nurse, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!