Clinical/Health Care Research Associate
Company: The University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: November 19, 2020
The University of Iowa Department of Radiation Oncology is seeking
a Clinical/Health Care Research Associate to coordinate research
activities in the support of Clinical Trials. The incumbent will
assist in the design, development, execution, administration and
maintenance of protocols and clinical studies. Screen, recruit,
enroll and obtain informed consent for clinical research
activities. Participate in the design, development, and testing of
clinical research trial data systems. Manage and organize
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee operations of clinical research studies including the
recruitment, coordination and scheduling of subject participation
and procedures per protocol requirements..
- Assist in the development of protocols and clinical studies and
provide input into complex research procedures.
- Perform physical exams and follow-up visits including expanded
nursing procedures, as well as, reviewing medical histories, test
results and symptoms to determine eligibility or need for
treatment, follow-up and/or referral per Radiation Oncology
research protocols. Provide patient education.
- Assist physicians in determining eligibility of patients for
- Assist in obtaining patient consent to enter protocols and
counsel patients and families regarding investigational
- Administer study medication and identify adverse reactions.
- Enter patients on protocol, ensuring that all prerequisites
have been completed and are within the required parameters.
- Assist patients with problems related to their protocol therapy
such as consultation when calling concerns related to emergency
evaluation in the case of side effects, assisting with emotional
problems or other related issues.
- Coordinate patient care needs and obtain follow-up information
from local physicians or laboratories or appropriate healthcare
providers per established research protocols.
- Serve as a liaison to local physicians/hospitals and
collaborating institutions to facilitate care of protocol patients
when hospitalized at outside institutions. Obtain documentation of
hospitalizations, as well as provide notification to the Principal
Investigator, Study Sponsor and FDA as required per protocol.
- Oversee CRF development.
- Organize clinic/study procedures, follow study participants and
manage collection of accurate data in a timely manner, keeping data
and documentation secure and confidential.
- Review query reports.
- Resolve all monitoring visit issues.
- Perform and monitor randomizations.
- Develop complex study materials.
- Coordinate services and referrals with other departments
participating in the clinical research.
- Maintain records and services provided and work within
individual protocol budgets.
- Serve as a liaison to the University Business Office to
identify specific patient tests and procedures paid for by study
sponsors and assist with questions related to billing for protocol
- Assist with the preparation and present IRB information for
- Perform critical analysis of literature relevant to the
- Assist in validating data and make recommendations.
- Assist with statistical analysis of data and preparation of
data for computer analysis.
- Use evaluation data to revise and implement change.
- Assist in the preparation of research papers and manuscripts
for publication and presentation at conferences and workshops, and
in the writing of project reports, articles and other documents for
submission to study sponsors.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students and the public.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive
academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day
more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together
to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our
patient s. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine.
Percent of Time: 100%Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to
Benefits Highlights:• Regular salaried position located in Iowa
City, Iowa• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick
leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and
generous employer contributions into retirement plans• For more
information about Why Iowa? click
- A Master's degree in Nursing or an equivalent combination of
education and experience that is directly related to the duties of
the position is required. An equivalent combination option must
include a BSN plus professional nursing experience.
- A valid Iowa Registered Nurse license is required.
- Must have the ability to translate, adapt and apply knowledge
and perform specialized research in a nursing field of
- Considerable (3-5 years) experience with and participation on
clinical trials is required.
- Previous research protocol management experience including
single and multi-institutional studies is required.
- Experience with protocol therapy and medical research data
management is required.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and procedures is
- Overnight and weekend travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous recent clinical experience in Adult Radiation
- Oncology Nurse Certification highly desirable.
- Recent experience with Investigational infusions.
- Knowledge of Radiation Oncology.
- Previous experience with Investigator-initiated, cooperative
group and Industrial Clinical Trials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Successful candidates will be subject to a credential and criminal
background check. This position is not eligible for University
sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Clinical/HC Research Associate
- Staff Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 5A
- Starting Salary Minimum: 50,012
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Joleen Timm
- Contact Email: email@example.com
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will
receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on
the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, associational preference, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
Keywords: The University of Iowa, Iowa City , Clinical/Health Care Research Associate, Healthcare , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!