Marketing Territory Manager, Iowa
Company: Hastings Mutual
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 17, 2019
Hastings Mutual currently has an opening for a Marketing Territory
Manager that can manage the marketing functions for an assigned
territory and help promote its growth and profitability. This
position will be responsible for growing and developing our agency
presence across Eastern Iowa. You will be making visits to 3-4
independent agencies per day, meeting with agency principals and
other personnel, identifying their needs and selling them on
writing HMIC policies. You will also appoint new agencies when
You will join a team of Territory Managers that covers our 6-state
region, under the leadership of a Regional Marketing Manager.
Candidates residing in Northwestern Illinois will also be
Position Duties& Responsibilities
- Responsible for motivating, communication, training, measuring
performance and consulting with agents to meet production
objectives for the assigned territory as determined to support the
- Regularly engages with agents to drive sustainable, profitable
- Continuously audits and analyzes the agency force for assigned
territory. Develops and initiates necessary action, with
departmental approval when required.
- Acts as a technical resource and mentor for CSRs, marketing
trainees, and underwriters.
- Develops and implements training and education of agency
personnel in the assigned territory regarding Hastings Mutual
products, processes and electronic enhancements (e.g. Agency
Portal, Guidewire, Policy Express).
- Prospects, recommends and appoints new agencies to represent
Hastings Mutual. This includes achieving the agency appointment or
termination objectives and completion of reports to support the
achievement of Marketing plan goals and objectives.
- Monitors the marketplace to keep the home office informed of
competitors rates, programs, and other significant information.
Candidate Requirements& Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Insurance, or related
field, or equivalent related experience required.
- A minimum of six (6) years demonstrated Property& Casualty
carrier marketing experience, with a focus on commercial
- Must be able to carry out underwriting functions at the level
of a Commercial Underwriter.
- Formal Insurance certification required (Certified Insurance
Counselor (CIC) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills,
in addition to strong professional presentation ability.
- Excellent organizational ability, with demonstrated mastery of
planning and ability to work independently with minimal
- Experience working within a team setting, both in-person and
- Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer, electronic
applications and company-produced software.
- Must be able to travel throughout territory to perform assigned
duties. Typically this is same-day travel, however, the potential
for overnight travel, including to our Hastings, Michigan corporate
- Valid state-issued driver's license required, along with the
ability to operate a motor vehicle within our fleet vehicle
- Full ability to work in the United States without employer
sponsorship (e.g. H1-B, TN visas) required.
About Hastings Mutual
From our humble roots in 1885 providing coverage for windstorm
damage, Hastings Mutual has evolved into a leading regional
property and casualty insurance carrier, offering innovative
products for businesses, farm owners, and individuals. We work with
customers in six Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin). Hastings Mutual is known for its
financial strength, high ethical standards, and a culture of
service and responsiveness.
Core to our ongoing success is our employees. Whether at the
corporate offices in Hastings, Michigan, information technology
office in Alpharetta, Georgia to our remote team members throughout
the Midwest, Hastings Mutual is made up of talented professionals
across multiple divisions and functional areas. Our commitment to
our employees and work culture has been confirmed with our
inclusion in the"Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in West
Michigan" each year since 2011.
Hastings Mutual offers a friendly, family-like environment that
values transparency and approachability. We recognize the hard work
of our employees with many benefits, including fully paid
certification training, a cafeteria and fitness center at our
corporate offices, ongoing professional development opportunities,
and financial stability backed by our"A" rating from A.M. Best. We
also have a long-term commitment to the communities in which we
live and work, either through partnerships with local charitable
organizations or through our own Hastings Mutual Charitable
At Hastings Mutual, we're always looking for professionals of all
experience and education levels to help us continue our more than
130-year history of successful, stable growth.
Keywords: Hastings Mutual, Iowa City , Marketing Territory Manager, Iowa, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!