Assistant Restaurant Manager - Vue Rooftop Restaurant & Bar
Company: Kinseth Hotel Corporation
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: October 11, 2019
The Hilton Garden Inn and Vue Rooftop Restaurant recently opened in
downtown Iowa City, across from the University of Iowa School of
Music. Hilton Garden Inn is a 10-time winner of the JD Powers Award
for customer service delivered in the upscale segment of the hotel
industry. This Hilton Garden Inn has 143 rooms and the Vue Rooftop
will feature indoor and outdoor space as one of the leading rooftop
restaurant experiences in the country. Essential duties and
responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- Hires, orients, schedules, coaches, trains and motivates
- Develops and implements training goals and objectives in
regards to operations.
- Takes order from customers or wait staff and suggestively sell
beverages/food to guests.
- Cards all patrons that appear to be under the legal drinking
age and refuses to serve alcohol to minors.
- Serves non-alcoholic beverages, mixed drinks, wine and draught
or bottled beer in a friendly courteous manner to ensure guest
- Inventories, estimates and orders china, glass, linen and
silver supplies per purchasing guidelines.
- Addresses customer's complaints concerning service, food, and
beverages to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to
ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards
and local liquor regulations.
- Communicates with other departments on items including but not
limited to maintenance needs, food preparation, banquets,
cleanliness, safety, marketing, motivation, retention and future
- Controls departmental expenses according to budget and
prevention of waste/spoilage.
- Knows the competition, market position and market
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area.
- Plans and arranges promotional programs and advertisements.
Must be willing to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university, or 1-4 years
related training, or equivalent combination of education and
experience. All certifications in food handling and safety
procedures must be current and must remain so throughout the
duration of employment. Will provide initial training if need be.
The Food & Beverage team has a generous Bonus program to help
ensure delivery of the highest customer service possible. Benefits
include Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off and 401k. Kinseth
Hospitality Companies is based out of North Liberty, Iowa. We are
one of the largest hospitality management companies in the nation
with development and ownership representing 21 brands in the hotel
and restaurant industry. For more information, check us out at
Keywords: Kinseth Hotel Corporation, Iowa City , Assistant Restaurant Manager - Vue Rooftop Restaurant & Bar, Executive , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!