Location: Iowa City
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Great teams start with good chemistry.WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing
Looking for a career that will allow plenty of upward mobility and
unlimited growth potential?
The primary purpose of this position is to assume ownership of an
assigned sales territory, or an assigned account portfolio, and
manage it with a business plan that facilitates the achievement of
the annual performance goals mutually agreed upon with the
respective manager. As Account Manager, primary responsibilities
- Account Manager Minimum Standards:
- 5+ Years of Hydrite sales experience or industry
- Can construct a business plan with Sales Manager
- Has developed most skills on the job description, and requires
moderate assistance from the sales manager to perform at grade
- Manages and maintains a sales territory of Top 20
- Meet expected gross margin growth goals. (5% minimum gross
- Meets established new business goals for new accounts and new
business at existing accounts.
- Meets goals for business retention and growth.
- Works with sales manager to manage margin per lb. to achieve
- Is proficient at identifying new business
- Is gaining proficiency at utilizing company resources.
- Prepares self-assessment for semi-annual performance review
utilizing objective and subjective criteria.
- Performance Measures: Changes in volume, margin, revenue,
margin per unit, margin %, account retention, and new business.
- Grow and protect the existing business by:
- Constructing and executing a sound annual business plan with
some assistance from sales management.
- Building in-depth relationship with decision-makers at key
- Developing Preferred Account Management Plans.
- Meeting competitive threats.
- Making personal visits to key accounts and entertaining the
accounts' decision-makers when deemed appropriate.
- Utilizing detailed and comprehensive reviews of sales history
data (12 month perspective) and reporting variances to the sales
- Resolving customer service issues and complaints to the
- Performance Measures: Top 20 margin increases & decreases, new
margins & volume at existing accounts, number of new resources
- Improve gross margins by:
- Identifying competitive situations and negotiating a response
that reflects Hydrite's value-added proposition.
- Using the Price Change Notification System as a tool for
- Analyzing account/product gross margin data and implementing
appropriate price adjustments.
- Responding to "Low Margin Alerts" and "GM% Exception
- Performance Measure: Change in GM/dollars.
- Obtain new business by:
- Using the Sales Funnel as a sales development tool.
- Structuring programs for customers and prospects that take
advantage of Hydrite's manufacturing equipment and distribution
strengths, as well as Hydrite's financial resources.
- Expected to engage corporate resources to help create
- Performance Measures: New margins & volume at new accts. GM
dollars of new business.
- Perform all duties outlined within the relevant SOPs and
perform all other assigned duties.
- Performance Measures: Manager's assessment
- Improve personal skill levels in the following areas:
- Pre-call planning (Goals and agenda) and post-call
- Selling and negotiation skills,
- Understanding and communicating Hydrite's competitive
- Time and territory management techniques,
- PRISM capabilities regarding sales history analyses.
- Performance Measure: Manager's assessment
- This position reports to the Director of Sales – Foam.
- Works with Operations, TS&D and Corporate Purchasing.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College education and prior sales experience
- Just have a valid driver's license and have an acceptable motor
vehicle driving record.
- Must possess computer skills and be proficient at Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint and job specific software.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with
the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to attend meetings. Ability to sit, work at a computer
terminal, and/or talk on the telephone up to 4 hours at a
- Ability to travel to customers and stay overnight when
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension
and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid
time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal
services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees,
summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness
coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website:
Keywords: Hydrite, Iowa City , Account Manager, Executive , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!