Management Services Supervisor
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Schedule Monday Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
The Parking and Transportation Department provides and supports
access, mobility, and transportation services to faculty, staff,
students, patients, and visitors of The University of Iowa. The
department consists of five operating units; Cambus, Commuter
Programs, Fleet Services, Facility Operations, and Parking
Services. These units collaborate to provide a broad range of
parking and transportation options and services.
The Parking & Transportation Department at The University of Iowa
is currently seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as
the Fleet Services Management Services Supervisor. This person will
supervise the daily activities of the Fleet Services daily rental
fleet, manage the vehicle accident repair process and manager the
assignment process of University vehicles.
Job Duties Include:
- Manage the daily operations of the office including customer
- Autonomously manages high-level administrative concerns and
oversees frontline customer service staff.
- Maintain and use specialized Fleet Management software.
- Making and dispatching vehicle reservations.
- Oversee the utilization of University vehicles and ensure
efficient assignment of vehicles to reservations.
- Manage fuel system access for on-site and off-site systems
- Manage license plate inventory and the assignment of license
plates to University vehicles
- Organize vehicle transfers, vehicle in-service and out of
- Approve customer service adjustments for breakdowns and other
customer service issues.
- Organize and manage the vehicle accident repair process.
- Create and maintain division reports in MS Excel, Crystal
Reports and MS Access.
- Provide functional and/or administrative supervision
(direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling) to
assure outcomes are achieved.
- Provide training and recommend and assist in developing
- Lead the selection process for student staff.
- Plan and oversee office staffing levels.
- Oversee the reimbursement of insurance claims.
- Calculate and set appropriate fuel prices.
- Ensure proper allocation of fuel and other charges to
- Allocate insurance deductible and reimbursements
- Ensure new vehicle invoices are correct and submitted to
Accounts Payable for processing.The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa is one of the nations premier public
research universities, with 11 colleges offering internationally
recognized programs in disciplines ranging from otolaryngology to
fiction writing, printmaking to space science, hydraulic
engineering to dance. Iowa draws nearly 33,000 students from more
than 100 countries and all 50 U.S. states, and employs about 29,500
faculty and staff.
Please attach a resume and cover letter as part of the application
process. A cover letter is required for consideration for this
position and should be attached as the first page of your resume.
The cover letter should address your specific interest in the
position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to
A valid drivers license is required, as well as an ability to meet
UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards. Please include
your drivers license information under the Experience & Credentials
section, as a license.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience is required.Experience Required
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience in an office
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Minimum 1 year of excellent customer service experience in a
- Experience with financial transactions, such as, account
reconciliation or account discrepancy resolution
- Minimum 3 months automotive industry experience such as vehicle
repair, auto body repair, rental vehicle industry, or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software such as
Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Drivers license and maintaining eligibility to drive under the
Universitys Fleet Safety Program
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
prioritize tasksDesirable Qualifications
- Dispatching experience - Assigning assets/resources to tasks
with the goal of maximizing asset utilization
- MS Access or other database experience including databases
development, and development of reports and queries
- Employee training experience
- Experience working with insurance claims or claims
- Knowledge of University policies and proceduresThe University
of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis
of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion,
associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , Management Services Supervisor, Executive , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!