Welding Manager - Leader
Company: Oculus Search Partners
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
About our company:
Major established and brand name company that is part of the global
leader in what they manufacture and has a good working culture that
empower s their employees to do great work in their company with
100 years of success, innovation and growth has the below described
need . Their associates are the foundation of their continued
success. For innovative people who enjoy the thrill of making
things happen - share their vision and grow with them. There are
major company benefits, profit sharing, and attractive relocation
assistance. The role will be at a plant in southeastern IA near the
About the position:
As a Welding Manager on the first shift u nder minimum supervision,
plans, organizes, implements, and manages the activities,
resources, and people for assigned projects and functional areas of
responsibility, ensuring goals and objectives clearly support the
Company's Strategic Plan for a department . Will p rovide
leadership and guidance to subordinates. Although the position is
based during the first shift there can be need at times to be there
on another shift (mainly the 2 nd shift). Utilized is mostly MIG
welding, but there is also some robotic weld in the
- Working with Manager, assists with the development of project
plans, goals and objectives in support of the company's Strategic
Plan. Cascades information regarding Strategic Plan to subordinates
to ensure functional areas is fully aligned with organization.
- Provides support with budget development. Manages budget and
utilizes corporate resources to maximize effectiveness, recognizing
the group's impact on the corporate bottom line.
- Mentors and coaches employees, sharing job specific knowledge.
Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Manages performance through clear objective setting; engages in
timely and meaningful performance appraisals and discussions to
foster an environment of open communication.
- Demonstrates functional expertise, business acumen, and
technical competencies and provides leadership in these areas.
- Creates an environment that fosters and supports continuous
improvement and demonstrates a sense of urgency that results in a
commitment to quality results.
- Understands customer requirements and focuses on high leverage
opportunities to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensures employees
understand their customer needs and ensures excellent relationships
with external and internal customers.
- Focuses on breaking down organizational barriers. Promotes an
environment of collaboration, trust, and professional
relationships. Demonstrates high level of commitment to teamwork
and supports cross-functional team involvement.
- Sets an example by treating all employees with dignity and
respect, and by applying consistent and fair implementation of
company policies across functional areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
Demonstrates excellent listening skills to foster an environment of
two-way, open communication in all interactions.
- Champions safety as an integral part of everyone's job and
holds self and employees accountable to highest standard of safe
conduct. About you:
- Four or more years of professional and/or management experience
is required along with very good leadership skills It would be
great if you had:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience in Manufacturing environment managing a Weld Shop I
preferred, but will consider management with other processes in
metal working manufacturing. About the total compensation
Relocation: This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits
program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our
package meets the needs of our employees and their families.
Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
Keywords: Oculus Search Partners, Iowa City , Welding Manager - Leader, Executive , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!