Facilities Mechanic III
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: April 14, 2019
The University of Iowa Laundry Service provides a wide range of
laundry and linen support services for Campus. A large portion of
the work accomplished at the Laundry Service is in support of the
Healthcare and Health Sciences Colleges and Departments. The
Laundry Service has been a service department at The University of
Iowa since 1890. What began with washboards, wooden wash and rinse
tubs, and clotheslines has become one of the most technologically
advanced institutional laundries in the nation.Duties &
- Diagnose all equipment system malfunctions and repair in
accordance with manufacturer's specification.
- Maintain and repair as needed all equipment utility support
systems (electric, gas, water, air steam).
- Provide data entry support for the department's preventive
maintenance software system.
- Interact with key vendors providing supplies and parts for
equipment and building to secure best price/service.
- Follow and maintain the department's preventive maintenance
- Keep maintenance shop area and storage areas organized and all
tools in proper working conditions.
- Recommend changes in maintenance activity that enhance
efficiency of operations.
- Identify areas where the operation of equipment systems or
building resources may compromise safety.
- Monitor and approve the work of outside vendors providing
maintenance service support.
- Provide technical support to management, computer technical
staff, and office staff regarding maintenance.Minimum Eligibility
- Must possess a basic knowledge of plumbing, electricity,
maintenance of steam and mechanical equipment;
- Must have four years of work experience in the listed crafts,
including apprenticeship or technical training.
- At least two years of that experience must be in the same
craft.License RequirementsA valid drivers license is required, as
well as an ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Fleet
safety Driving Standards.Please include your drivers license
information under the Experience & Credentials section, as a
- Prefer 2 years knowledge of laundry/industrial equipment,
computer laundry/industrial system programs, installing,
inspecting, maintenance, repair, preventative maintenance on
laundry/industrial equipment, knowledge/field experience
repair/maintenance of building gas fired/water heater & electric
fresh air/exhaust vents.
- Training or field experience working on high pressure steam
system and experience in assisting with microprocessor controls on
equipment experience with repair and maintenance of HVAC
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job
may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum
posting period has ended.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will
receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on
the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, associational preference, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , Facilities Mechanic III, Engineering , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!