Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Mechanical Design Engineer
About the company:
Major established and global brand name company with a good working
culture that empowers you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, innovation and growth. Their associates are the
foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share their vision and grow
About the team:
This opening which is a Mechanical Design Engineer is for the
company’s Product Engineering Team. Product Engineers provide
design solutions for production, field service, new product
development, and cost reduction activities. Part of this
position will include hands-on work with production, testing lab
parts, and assemblies to investigate and provide resolutions upon
review of the actual issue.
About the position:
Competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or
functional area of assignments. Assignments are broad in nature,
usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete projects.
Some latitude for independent, unreviewed action exists. Will work
under supervision for non-routine tasks. Requires minimum
supervision for routine tasks. May have project management
responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects.
Position includes design engineering for resolving production
and/or field issues, cost reduction projects, new product
development, and project management responsibility for small
projects or subsets of large projects. Most of the design
work involves sheet metal. There is much variety to this
role. There is an attractive relocation package available as
well. The position location is southeast Iowa.
- Engineering analysis and/or design of various basic to complex
vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such
as design, analysis, calculation, test and evaluation.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within
area(s) of specialization.
- Receives general instruction on assignment objectives, complex
features, and possible solutions. Works independently to make
adaptations and modifications.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress,
changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status
- Sheet metal design, electrical / mechanical component design,
and hydraulics design are preferred.
- Mechanical design experience involving agriculture equipment or
off the road equipment is desired.
- Mechanical design involving integration is preferred
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, required and a
Agricultural Engineering Degree will also be considered.
Possibly will consider a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
Technology as well.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience required and possibly
- Project management experience and experience with 3D computer
design software is required with a preference for experience using
CREO experience managing small projects required
- Has the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical
- Effective written and oral communication skills
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $80,000 - $103,450 per year
depending on experience with a profit sharing plan averaging in the
5-7% range over a number of years
Benefits – The company values a comprehensive benefits program for
our employees and works tirelessly to make sure their package meets
the needs of their employees and their families. Eligible employees
can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Keywords: Job Juncture, Iowa City , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!