Company: ImOn Communications
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Description ImOn Communications is the local choice for
high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships
we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community
and look forward to serving the Cedar Rapids - Iowa City Corridor
for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we
are looking for Installation Technicians to be a part of the ImOn
Difference! Our employees share a passion for "Creating Connections
One Person at a Time" and fostering a fun and rewarding work
environment. The Installation Technician will perform basic and
moderately advanced installations, disconnects and service changes
for residential and business customers for ImOn Communications.
Perform basic troubleshooting and repair for services from tap to
consumer's electronic devices (TV, VCR, Modem, phone, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair ImOn
Communications services including set top box return from the tap
to the connection of the customers equipment for single and
multi-family dwellings including, as appropriate, all necessary
wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot
and repair drops from tap to cable modem
- Educate customer on proper use of services
- Determine acceptability of service by using diagnostic
software, performance testing tools or other appropriate methods of
testing service; identify and repair leakage from the tap to the
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects
(requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates;
install additional outlets, and install or remove ImOn equipment;
connect various options available with customer's equipment per
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all
television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials
after the installation is complete
- Monitor and record system, drop and in house leakage; maintain
records including daily longs, gas sheets, etc. as required;
properly record all required information on work orders, surveys,
- Promote cable, Internet, and other Company services; educate
the customer on channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other
services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect
payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others though example and sharing of
- Routine and other maintenance on company provided truck
- Keep company provided truck clean
- Report any damages to company provided truck.
- Company provided tools are issued to employee and if lost
damage or stolen need to be reported immediately for replacement.
Requirements Required Experience, Training, and Special
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving
record with the ability to drive a Company vehicle in a safe and
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75+ pounds) and climb poles using gaffs, hooks and
climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to work with small components and differentiate between
different sizes/colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending,
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills,
hammers, wrenches, and screwdrivers in the installation of cable to
the residence and TV set top boxes.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs,
ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work independently and while standing 50 - 70% of
- Company physical and drug screen required. ImOn is a Drug-Free
Workplace. In addition to providing tools, company trucks, laptops
and cell phones to our Technicians; ImOn also offers competitive
pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable,
Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision
insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term
disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community
volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of
the ImOn Difference please apply today!
Keywords: ImOn Communications, Iowa City , Installation Technician, Engineering , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!