Social Media Coordinator
Company: The University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Social Media Coordinator will create strong social media
content and pitch creative ideas that strengthen and protect the
brand. Accurately research, organize and interpret information
Assist in the coordination/preparation of strategic communications
plans. Exercise strong knowledge and proficient use of social media
channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok,
and YouTube. Exhibit sound judgment as it relates to all forms of
communication. We encourage candidates to demonstrate their
qualifications in their resumes and social media samples.Key Areas
of Responsibility This position is part of a social media team.
Specifically, this position:
- Develops social media content that supports the overall social
media strategy for our content calendar across all institutional
channels. Communicates the brand voice in a coherent and effective
manner across all social media platforms.
- Works closely with Social Media Director in developing
innovative communications ideas for the president and the
university, especially on social media, identifying opportunities
to effectively utilize many different types of communication
vehicles such as videos, graphics, and images.
- Produces and executes planned and unplanned content around
campus wide events as they happen. Works flexible hours, sometimes
outside regular business hours, to properly support team's
- Creates graphics and short videos that adhere to social media
graphic guidelines and support the overall social media
- Monitors university accounts and the social media environment
for questions, comments and issues important to the University of
Iowa. Assists the Social Media Director in appropriately responding
to questions and or comments on social media.
- Stays up to date on social media tools, trends and best
practices within the landscape.
- Utilizes social listening tools to determine sentiment and
brand health over time.
- Provides other marketing support, as needed, for the Office of
Strategic Communication. For a complete job description, please
contact Libby Kleppe at email@example.comRequired
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, journalism,
English, or related field; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- More than three months of related professional experience
creating social media content across channels for an organization,
company or institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven
ability to write effectively under deadline for a variety of
purposes, goals, audiences and media.
- Provide five samples that demonstrate the quality, relevance
and range of ability to communicate via social media channels. Best
samples will include effective use of imagery, video, graphics,
text, and or hashtags.Desired Qualifications
- Experience working in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a social media strategy.
- Experience gathering and interpreting social media
data.Application and Position Details
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must
upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File"
to the submission:
- Cover Letter
- Five samples that demonstrate the quality, relevance and range
of ability to communicate via social media channels. Best samples
will include effective use of imagery, video, graphics, text,
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This
job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the
minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be
subject to a criminal background and credential check. 5
professional references will be requested at a later step in the
recruitment process. For additional questions, please contact Libby
Kleppe at firstname.lastname@example.org.Benefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position. Located in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave;
health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous
employer contributions into retirement plans.
- For more information about Why Iowa? .The University of Iowa is
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration
for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race,
creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion,
associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: The University of Iowa, Iowa City , Social Media Coordinator, Advertising , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!