Admin Services Coordinator #
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Classification Title: Administrative Services CoordinatorDepartment: UI PressStaff Type: Professional & ScientificType of Position: RegularPay Grade: 2BSalary: $23,000 - $23,000Percent Time: 50%Schedule: 20 hours be worked over 4 to 5 daysLocation: Iowa City Position Summary: Serve as the sole provider of administrative support for the University of Iowa Press (book publishers), including some financial responsibilities for the program; and serve as support for the director. Education Requirement
- A Bachelor's degree in the humanities (e.g. English, History, etc.), Business Administrative or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in business administration, publishing, library administration, bookstore administration, or a relative book trade is required. Experience Required
- Related administrative support experience (typically six months to one year) is required.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through appropriate communication methods and behaviors at a working proficiency level is required.
- Working proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Desirable Qualifications
- Working knowledge and proficiency with University of Iowa ElectronicFinancial Reports, General Ledger software and accounting systems; and processing trip requests.
- Working knowledge of the book trade (publishing, library administration, bookstore administration, etc.) is desired.
- Demonstrates a working proficiency in the ability to work with variety of individuals and groups in a constructive manner while appreciating the unique contribution of diverse individuals.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa policies, procedures, systems and regulations is desired. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , Admin Services Coordinator #, Administration, Clerical , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!