Administrative Services Coordinator
Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The University of Iowa, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
(CLAS), has an Administrative Services Coordinator position
available in the Department of Theater. This position serves as
Assistant to the Chair in the Department of Theatre Arts. Performs
administrative and academic support in the Department of Theatre
Arts requiring a high degree of discretion and independent
judgment. This position also serves as departmental liaison and
primary contact for issues concerning faculty, staff, students,
alumni, and public & private officials.
Key responsibilities include:
- Make decisions and exercise a high level of autonomy while
typically performing administrative support/management
responsibilities for DEO, including managing schedules,
correspondence, and travel arrangements.
- Plan and execute specialized events for Department in
accordance with DEO's strategic plan.
- Exercise knowledge of faculty HR policies and procedures.
- May provide functional and/or administrative supervision for
- Track travel money for students and faculty and ensure that
receipts are submitted and applied to correct funding sources.
- Serve as the main contact for student recruitment. Advise
incoming transfer students and theatre minors on courses and
academic protocols. Train faculty on graduate admissions
- Assist supervisor with course enrollment management by
overseeing special permission process, waitlist management, and
- Research registration policies to advise faculty advisors on
changes and answer student inquiries. Anticipate graduation
inquiries with cross-listed courses and work with Graduation
Analysis to update student degree audits.
- Prepare and administer correspondence. Serve as liaison to
faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the public concerning
requests for information, programs, procedures, and complaints.
For a detailed job description please contact the email listed.
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education
and work experience is required.
- Demonstrates working experience in administrative office
support (6 months-1 year office experience).
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills;
ability to effectively transmit, receive and interpret ideas,
information, and needs through appropriate communication methods
and behaviors with faculty, staff, students and outside
constituencies, at a working proficiency level.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use office support tools
available on the desktop (e.g., Microsoft Office suite:
calendaring, word processing, e-mail, presentation software, web
editing and spreadsheets)
- Demonstrates working ability to manage multiple concurrent
objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective
judgment as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Working knowledge and evidence of success in organizing and
planning tasks and events and meeting deadlines. Desirable
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Theatre or performing arts is
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload
a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "relevant file" to the
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may
be removed from posting and filled any time after the original
posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to
a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will
be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
Keywords: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City , Administrative Services Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!