Administrative Specialist, Enrollment Mgmt Support
Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The University of Iowa Enrollment Management is seeking an
administrativeservices specialist to join the dynamic offices of
and in supporting the leadership team and events management. *This
position offers a flexible set schedule (75%-100%).
This position will provide administrative support for the
EnrollmentManagement Leaders, including the Associate Vice
President (AVP) of EnrollmentManagement and the Directors of
Admissions and Financial Aid; The position willalso support and
build on-campus student recruitment events in MAUI and assistwith
the registration processes for off-campus recruitment events.
On-campusevents include but are not limited to: Hawkeye Visit Days,
Transfer Days,Admitted Student Days, daily visits, departmental
events, special group visitsand student panels. Off-campus events
include but are not limited to: Next StepIowa, Preview Iowa, Iowa
In Your Neighborhood, high school counselor outreach,and assisting
with coordination of the event reservation process.
Key areas ofresponsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Managecalendar for the Enrollment Management leaders, keeping
all organized and onschedule. Includes: scheduling one-on-one and
large group meetings, coordinatingmultiple calendars, calling for
agenda items and assemble meeting agendas,gathering data in
preparation for meetings, taking notes at meetings anddistributing
notes to meeting attendees.
- Review, evaluate,and develop policies and procedures. Develop
departmental goals and determinehow to best obtain these goals.
Implement and coordinate procedures to obtain these goals.
- Assist in planning recruitment programs and services.
Recruitment programs might include, but are not limited to, on/off
campus programs for prospective students, advisory boards, programs
& activities for targeted populations, and programs to train and
use volunteers and student employees in the recruitment
- Develop, design, and coordinate various communication
techniques/methods for optimizing the departmental goal of
informing and educating students, their families, and UI
colleges/departments of current and proposed enrollment management
aid policies and procedures.
- Prioritize/organizeincoming sensitive, urgent, and highly
confidential requests via email,telephone, and in-person.
Draftcorrespondence for Enrollment Management leaders.
*For a full job description, including all duties and
competenciesassigned, please e-mail the listed below or visit:
Education andExperience Required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent
combination oftraining and experience providing a comparable level
- Experience (typically one to three years) in office
administrationand/or providing administrative support to a
department leader and/or unit.
- Some experience with event planning and activities, with the
ability to plan, organize, fiscally manage, and execute small to
medium-scale events, coordinating resources before, during and
after an event.
Demonstrates a in:
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools,
andtechniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and
accurately interpretideas, information, and needs through the
application of appropriatecommunication behaviors.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
softwareapplications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Interacting with a variety of individuals in a constructive and
civilmanner while appreciating the unique contribution of
individuals from variedcultures, race, creed, color, national
origin, age, sex, disability, sexualorientation, and gender
Demonstrates an in:
- Accuracy and attention to detail; able to process information
with highlevels of accuracy.
- The ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks
effectivelyand contributes to office administration improvements
and best practices.
- Experience with Customer relationship management (CRM) systems,
buildingand segmenting populations.
- Experience creating targeted campaigns using bulk email
- Basic familiaritywith relational database concepts.
In order to be consideredfor interview, applicants must upload both
a resume and cover letter andmark them each as a "Relevant File" to
the job submission.
Additional Posting Details
Job openings areposted for a minimum of 14 calendar days (for
P&S) and may be removed fromposting and filled any time after
the original posting period has ended.Successful candidates will be
subject to a criminal and credential backgroundcheck. Up to five
(5) professional references will be requested at a later stepin the
Keywords: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City , Administrative Specialist, Enrollment Mgmt Support, Administration, Clerical , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!