Accountant, Capitalization and Tagging
Company: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: December 7, 2018
The mission of Capital Assets Management is to maintain accountability for all capitalized assets of the University and provide timely reports and data to all levels of University management, Federal agencies, and State agencies.
This position will maintain accountability for the Universitys capital assets by performing capital accounting, coordinating tagging of physical assets, assisting with financial reporting & reconciliation, conducting audit research and performing recurring review of capital assets records.
Job Duties Include:
- Review and reconcile construction in progress (CIP) account balances.
- Manage building capitalization's including identifying accounts, completing transactions, and accounting entries.
- Verify building asset accounts after capitalization is complete.
- Manage the complete capital asset tagging process including coordination of tagging and physically tagging assets.
- Maintain Excel tagging file and related reporting.
- Reconcile Excel tagging file to asset management system (PSAM).
- Complete accounting reclassification's (change vouchers --CVs).
- Update specific capital asset attributes in PSAM.
- Update PSAM locations and reconcile with Facility records.
- Distribute daily transaction PDF report and maintain yearly detail file.
- Assist in testing system upgrades and enhancements using pre-determined criteria.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Respond to inquiries, requests, and input from campus customers.
- Modify or create Excel reports and/or Access queries.
- Assist with account reconciliations, capital assets reporting, responding to audit requests & researching IT-related issues.
- Perform as needed with tasks such as asset setup and physical inventory processes.
- Perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Iowa is one of the nations premier public research universities, with 11 colleges offering internationally recognized programs in disciplines ranging from otolaryngology to fiction writing, printmaking to space science, hydraulic engineering to dance. Iowa draws nearly 33,000 students from more than 100 countries and all 50 U.S. states, and employs about 29,500 faculty and staff.
Please attach a Resume and Cover Letter as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact:
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum six months accounting experience;
- Minimum six months excellent customer service skills interacting in person, on the phone or via email;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (a short writing exercise will be included as part of the interview process);
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated competence, analytical skills and report presentation using MS Excel spreadsheet software or other similar software. (An Excel exercise will be included as part of the interview process);
- Must be able to move/traverse distances across campus; may be required to position self as needed to tag capital assets (such as near floors, behind or under equipment).Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with university financial systems;
- Independent, self-starter;
- Program Management experience;
- Inventory Management experience
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: University of Iowa, Iowa City , Accountant, Capitalization and Tagging, Accounting, Auditing , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!