Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Location: Iowa City
Posted on: January 16, 2020
TheUniversity Shared Services Department is seeking qualified
Accountants to perform and coordinate day-to-dayaccounting and
finance activities in University Shared Services. The position will
also be responsible for working with assigned departmentsto perform
financial business activities in an environment of
excellentcustomer service. The position will use accounting skills
to perform financialsupport functions for the departments, provide
departments with accurate andtimely information to make decisions,
and ensure efficient transactionprocessing.
- Maintain all procurement, travel and cash handling data
- Create travel reimbursements; review all travel requests to
ensure that expenditures and reimbursements are in accordance with
pertinent laws and regulations; process payments and reimbursements
- Initiate requisitions to procure goods and services at the
direction of others.
- Initiate eVouchers, eDeposits, reconcile procurement card
vouchers and create travel expense vouchers.
- Coordinate with central finance on the interpretation and
communication of finance policies, procedures, and programs.
- Process orders and expenses through financial systems and
determine appropriate account and funding for payment.
- May perform basic, limited and primarily routine analysis.
Prepare routine, standardized reports following pre-established
processes. Use basic to moderate knowledge of financial
- Determine and follow university travel, accounts payable,
purchasing, cash handling and bid procedures, contracts, and
federal regulations to ensure appropriate purchases are made.
Create catalog and inventory orders using university procurement
For a full job description, please send ane-mail to the contact
University Shared Services is a virtual centralized department of
transaction experts, with staff located close to their customers in
colleges and units.
The University of Iowa
TheUniversity of Iowa is one of the nation's premier public
research universities,with 11 colleges offering internationally
recognized programs in disciplinesranging from otolaryngology to
fiction writing, printmaking to space science,hydraulic engineering
to dance. Iowa draws nearly 33,000 students from morethan 100
countries and all 50 U.S. states, and employs about 29,500 faculty
ABachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field, or the
equivalentcombination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum 6 months related accounting experience.
- Must be proficient in computer software
applications/demonstrated competence with Microsoft Excel and
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, including
experience providing excellent customer service.
- Good organizational and analytical /statistical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Automated accounting or financial systems
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials
- Familiarity with ePro, ProTrav, and APPO systems
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
In order to be considered for aninterview, applicants must upload a
resume and cover letter and mark them as a"Relevant File" to the
A coverletter is required for consideration for this position and
should be attachedas the first page of your resume. The cover
letter should address your specificinterest in the position and
outline skills and experience that directly relateto this
Applicants who fail to submitall the required materials will not be
eligible for an interview.
Jobopenings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendardays. This job
may be removed from posting and filled any time after theminimum
posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminalbackground
References will be requested at a later date.
Keywords: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City , USS Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Iowa City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!